PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
- Job ID
- Columbia, MD
- Other Location
Project Support Services Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer. This is a government contract opportunity with a prestigious Agency. The candidates must be able to successfully complete a government background investigation. Successful candidates will be charged with performing the duties listed below individually and as part of a team.
Project Support Services Inc. is a progressive Service-Disabled Veteran-owned business with the best interest of its employees and clients at the forefront of its platform.
Project Support Services Inc. offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salaries, health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, paid holidays, 401k retirement package, four-tier bonus structure, and more. Interested applicants should apply to this job using the directions listed in this application. Thank you!
We are sourcing for project within the Department of Defense to provide a wide range of skills and expertise to perform technology development, testing, integration of hardware and software applications, and associated documentation and training.
- Work as part of an integrated team to formulate and define solutions utilizing a strong background in Linux foundations.
- Focus on providing our customers expertise to leverage their existing software and create new capabilities.
- Knowledge in the design, development, test, and documentation of writing clear, concise, functioning and fully commented embedded software code that follow applicable Government standards.
- Software driver development.
- Software application development.
- Digital signal processing applications.
- Client/server applications.
- Legacy and current processor technology including 8051, x86, PowerPC or ARM processors.
- Operating systems, architectures, and interfaces.
- Assembly and high-level programming languages.
- Software/code reverse engineering.
- Embedded software development.
- Packet based networking protocols including TCP and UDP
- Typical computer interfaces including USB, Firewire and Ethernet"
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph, FSP
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience utilizing the following: Embedded software in both Linux kernel mode and user mode (emphasis will be on testing embedded software running on customer ARM9 processor boards)
- Ability to configure and monitor network gear (channels, virtual router, private networks, etc.)
- Test automation experience is desired – ideally for both software and hardware test automation.
- Packet testing tool experience is a nice-to-have (e.g. spirent or ixia)
- Python experience is a nice-to-have