- Job Title
- Production Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a rapidly growing company that used state-of-the-art indoor farming techniques to produce pesticide-free baby-leaf greens. Our client is very dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of food and serving local communities. Seeking a talented Production Manager who will be an essential part of the greenhouse management team. This individual will oversee the operations of the harvest and production of our products and manage a team of dedicated supervisors to maximize production and promote a culture of care and results.
*Please note: Our client requires this individual to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Engage and inspire your team to achieve greenhouse business objectives. Attract, develop, and retain an engaged workforce committed to each other and to the company mission.
- Be accountable for converting plant yield into revenue, operating expenses, and for the operation of the facility. This includes production, inventory, planning and reporting, labor management, balancing inputs.
- Manage costs, energy utilization, and other operating expenses.
- Must have a strong and continuous improvement mindset to lead our efforts to be a LEAN organization.
- Support food and employee safety; be accountable for maintaining a clean, organized, and safe greenhouse facility and operation.
- Work closely with the General Manager and the Greenhouse Head Grower and other members of the management team to develop and execute the strategies to achieve, lead, and train employees.
- Work with vendors/partners to obtain and manage supplies.
- 5+ years experience directly managing individuals working on production lines and have demonstrated abilities to achieve production targets while controlling costs and achieving quality standards.
- Experience in hiring, terminating, developing, and leading hourly employees while implementing employee development and feedback systems.
- Great knowledge of the fundamental tools of Lean Business Operations. Included but are not limited to Standard Work, 5-S, Visual management, and other tools to evaluate value-added versus non-value-added activities.
- Experience in a performance-based organization. The culture of the organization should have a heavy emphasis on training as part of employee development.