PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Cyber Information Systems Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Lithicum, MD 21090
- Other Location
- Centreville, VA
Project Support Services Inc. is currently seeking a Cyber Information Systems Security Engineer. This is a government contract opportunity with a prestigious Agency. The candidates must be able to successfully complete a government background investigation. Successful candidates will be charged with performing the duties listed below individually and as part of a team.
Project Support Services Inc. is a progressive Service-Disabled Veteran-owned business with the best interest of its employees and clients at the forefront of its platform.
Project Support Services Inc. offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salaries, health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, paid holidays, 401k retirement package, four-tier bonus structure, and more. Interested applicants should apply to this job using the directions listed in this application.
The Cyber Information System Security Engineer to provide leading Information System Security Engineering (ISSE) support services to advanced customer systems, acquisitions, operations, and disposal. This Cyber ISSE will ensure that appropriate security engineering principles, concepts, methods, and practices are applied throughout the system lifecycle to achieve customer objectives for the protection of mission-critical assets; will reduce system vulnerabilities findings through requirements definition, system design, risk analysis, and secure operations; in accordance with NIST SP 800-160 Vol. 1.
- Define system security requirements in coordination with security stakeholders including system engineers, program managers, security control assessors, and authorizing officials.
- Develop or review system security designs and architectures.
- Advise security engineers on best methods to remediate vulnerability findings through security scanning tools (Nessus, NMAP, Retina, WebInspect, Fortify)
- Working experience with auditable events SIEM products such Splunk
- Support engineering analysis of alternatives, tradeoffs, and risk treatment decisions.
- Develop cybersecurity documentation in support of customer Risk Management Framework (RMF) process; in accordance with NIST SP 800-37 Rev 2.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to deliver trustworthy and secure systems.
- Although not explicitly required, successful candidates typically have a B.S. or M.S. degree in a technical field or a ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification with need to obtain ISC2 Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
- 8 years minimum of system and/or security engineering work performed in support of U.S. Government customers subject to Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503.
- Review and development of RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation, e.g. System Security Plans (SSPs), Security Assessment Reports (SARs), and Plans of Action and Milestones (POAMs).
- Experience implementing NIST SP 800-53 Revision 4 security requirements and NIST SP 800-53A security assessment procedures.
- Knowledge of Amazon C2S, SC2S, Commercial and GovCloud planning, design, and operations.
- Knowledge of RSA Archer product
- Strong initiative and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Amazon of Web Services (AWS) C2S planning, design, and operations.
- Awareness of Cloud C2E initiative
- Engineering work performed in space-oriented mission environments.
- Ground infrastructure and satellite knowledge
- Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory (2012, 2016)
- RedHat Linux; CentOS, Fedora
- Virtualization Platforms: Hyper-V, VMware
- VDI (Desktop), Citrix
- Network engineering/design of LANs, WANs, MANs, including underlying routing protocols, and implementation. (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF)
- Knowledge of Cross Domain Solutions (CDSs).
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience presenting verbal/written communications to Senior leadership including ISSMs, ISOs, security directors
- Act as a advisor the Government ISSM on ATO extensions, body of evidence reviews
- Awareness of SIGINT, GEOINT, from a satellite perspective
- Awareness of virtualization environment using VMware/ESXi OSs
- Participate in RFC/CCB reviews as voting member for Government customer programs
- Experience with NIST-800-37 RMF – Specially guiding system thru step 3 and 4
- Knowledge of Cloud (Amazon C2S)
- Mandatory Experience: Experience with Cybersecurity / System Engineering, Provide security planning, assessment, and risk management. Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements as well as performing monitoring and providing suggested improvements. Experience with prioritization of vulnerabilities and understanding of mission impacts a plus
- Experience with DOD Risk Management Frameworks. IAT level II and IAT Level III certs, Sec + min, One or more of the below within 6 months of start on contract: CPTE, CEH, CISA, CISSP
- Linthicum, MD (TS/SCI w FSP); Centreville, VA (TS/SCI)
- Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.