Hadoop Administrator (Remote)
- Job Title
- Hadoop Administrator (Remote)
- Job ID
- Bloomfield, CT 06002
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Hadoop Administrator in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
- Serve as the lead technical consultant responsible for design, engineering and development of information technology solutions
- Lead the design, analysis, development and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions
- Troubleshoot and proceeds on resolving complex infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc.
- May be involved in the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve escalated infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise
- Responsibilities may include risks assessments, partnering on capacity planning, budget forecasting, and the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems
- Technologies span mainframe, midrange, desktop, server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, and output/receiving
- 5 years of experience in Hadoop platform administration – Cloudera Distribution preferred
- Hands on experience with major Hadoop software upgrades
- 5 years of experience with the following: Linux environment, coding languages like Python, Java, c, c++ etc., shell scripting, Agile Scrum/Kanban
- 5 years of experience in developing automation using Ansible, Ansible Tower, Jenkins etc.
- Hands on experience with BI Tool integration with Hadoop
- Hands on experience with implementing and supporting Teradata Query Grid on Cloudera Distribution
- Hands on experience with solving HBASE, HIVE, IMPALA performance issues
- Experience in networking concepts, authentication mechanisms like LDAP/Kerbroes
- Experience in container application like Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack etc.
- Solid engineering and administrative knowledge of Apache Hadoop and related projects is a must
- Proactively work on identifying and fixing database related issues.
- Ability to support on-call rotation 24x7