Sr. Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Dearborn, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client, a well known and highly respected apparel company is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Software Engineer with a strong background Leading the planning, design, and implementation of new initiatives, working and collaborating with product owners and vendors to define requirements, manage projects, and communicate project status on the entire lifecycle of the project. This opportunity offers remote potential and flex schedule.
· Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, systems, and data integrations.
· Lead cross-functional teams driving the development of solutions in support of new business and new applications.
· Lead the planning, design, and implementation of new initiatives, working and collaborating with product owners and vendors to define requirements, manage projects, and communicate project status on the entire lifecycle of the project.
· Create task and procedure documentation, as well as communicate timely status on all relevant project information to appropriate personnel via incident tracking and task tracking systems.
· Analyze problems and look for trends at multiple levels of the stack, always keeping management informed of problem areas.
· Excited about driving business impact and measurably improving the experience of our consumers
· Raise the engineering bar across the organization (through mentoring, code reviews, etc.)
· Participate in an on-call rotation in support of the systems owned by the Consumer Data Engineering team.
· Bachelor's Degree Required in Computer Science or Related Field
· Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Experience
· 6+ years development experience with an MVC web framework (Django, Flask, Rails, Laravel, etc.)
· Solid experience building, designing, testing, securing, and interacting with APIs
· Experience with SQL and data modeling, and general database knowledge
· Ability to contribute to and drive technical decisions and architecture
· Full-stack web application experience is preferred
· Python/Django experience is preferred
· Experience with Spark is preferred