Data Governance Analyst (Remote-EST)
- Job Title
- Data Governance Analyst (Remote-EST)
- Job ID
- Bloomfield, CT 06002
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Connecticut based client in their search for a Data Governance Analyst in a remote capacity. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Provides expert content/professional leadership on complex Data Management Strategy & Governance assignments/projects.
- Contributes to data governance and applies seasoned knowledge to ensure data quality.
- Contributes to data oversight, data usage, system analysis and data retention to assure data quality standards.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure data consistency and quality throughout the organization.
- Exercises considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives.
- Uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders.
- Focuses on providing thought leadership within Data Management Strategy & Governance but works on broader projects, which require understanding of wider business.
- Recognized internally as a subject matter expert.
- Conduct data analysis and collect business requirements to translate them into data, BI and analytical enablement.
- Solutions leveraging best practices using tools such as Git, Intellij Idea, Toad, Hadoop, AWS, SAS, Python, Tableau, Looker.
- Perform business data cleansing, profiling and analysis in SAS, Teradata, Hive, Impala, Python.
- Complete understanding of the product to be developed including design workflow charts, business models and proof of concepts.
- Collaborates with Product Team and solution engineering experts to define, organize and manage data, reports and analytic enablement projects.
- Drive innovation proactively, identify and implement new ideas/technologies, which could substantially improve customer experience and/or create differentiation.
- Complete understanding of data modelling tools like Erwin and take part in modelling sessions and build business glossary using the Collibra Tool.
- Develop Proof of Concept using Python and perform several data modernization techniques.
- Create and deliver automated solutions driving relevant insights in partnership with Data Science, Business Leads and Enterprise Architects.
- Apply understanding of business drivers and engage stakeholders for input and feedback as appropriate.
- Act as a Data expert for the Agile Scrum Team and the stakeholders.
- Utilize agile tools and resources to manage and track work via Rally.
- Collaborate with business and technical subject matter experts to understand needs, support design, test and deploy capabilities.
- Act as a Lead Partner with matrix partners and project management throughout all phases of the project to ensure deliverables meet scope, schedule, and quality expectations.
- Engage other business areas as needed to execute on end to end business requirements.
- Works closely with Product Owner, Product Manager and Stakeholders to define the technical data product requirements.
- Key personnel who will also demo User Stories output to Product Owner and business stakeholders ensuring all aspects of Technical Acceptance Criteria is met.
- Works with Product Owner to ensure Features are reflecting the work that Scrum team will execute via User Stories.
- Participates in Program Increment Planning and Program Backlog Refinement.
- Provides test scenario to Development team for Acceptance Test Driven Development Sole person to capture validate and provide validation results summary to Product Owner and team after data solutions are deployed to production by using various coding tools such as SAS, HIVE and SQL.
- Excellent analytical skills & ability to get to root cause quickly.
- Extensive experience querying, analyzing and understanding data and business use of data.
- Strong communication skills to explain technical issues simply and concisely.
- Detailed oriented with proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience on Cloud Technologies like AWS is good to have.
- Experience in Data Tools such as Toad, GIT, Hue, Hive/Impala is a must have.
- Previous work experience in data processing software and languages to include; Teradata Studio, Toad, SQL.
- Demonstrated 5-7 years of extensive experience in data informatics & data exchange, particularly using healthcare and clinical data such as: Claim, Membership, Client Structure, Benefits, and Utilization Management/Case Management etc.
- Ability to research data issues using technologies such SQL, SAS, Python etc.
- Ability to write benchmark code using SQL, Python, HIVE when required to demonstrate the requirements and the suggested end data structure required by Business Stakeholders.
- Experience applying a consultative and collaborative approach.
- Work experience & expertise with team input to influence business priorities and business actions for maximum strategic benefit.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to understand enterprise code artifacts on how data solutions are built to solve various business use cases. This will require deep understanding of all technologies used for various data solutions.
- Experience working with Data Stewards, Data Modelers will be a big plus.
- 3-7 years recent hands-on technical experience building and supporting integrated data solutions
- BS or BA degree in MIS, Business, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience with data mining, analysis, data processing software and languages