Tableau Developer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Tableau Developer (Remote)
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Tableau Developer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
A Tableau developer creates computer system and data visualization solutions to improve business & technology processes. This job involves tasks such as creating Tableau dashboard reports, working with developers, creating business intelligence reports and visualizations, and attending feedback sessions to improve systems.
Tableau Developer Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary role of a Tableau developer is to create technical solutions to business & technology needs by translating their requirements and finding innovative resolutions. Developers go through a strategizing and ideation stage with the team before beginning on creating the application or solution.
- Tableau developers create tools to store data effectively within the organization, known as online analytical processing, as well as maintaining data analytics platforms so that data can effectively be mined for information at a later date.
- Tableau developers conduct unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues that arise. This is an ongoing part of the development process that occurs regularly throughout a project to pick up on any part of the application that isn't working correctly.
- A key part of a Tableau developer's role is evaluating and improving existing systems that are in place as well as collaborating with teams within the business to integrate these new systems to streamline workflow and company processes.
- Tableau developers are responsible for creating reports based on completed projects. They also develop and update technical documentation for senior members of staff and colleagues within the IT department to serve as a reference guide.
- Tableau developers have an aptitude for using computers and for data mining, are analytical in their approach to tasks, and have a business focus.
- Analytical Skills - Tableau developers need to analyze the needs of the business or client
- Problem-Solving - This role often involves working with the software from the beginning of a project until completion, so Tableau developers need to be able to solve any problems that arise during the development stage and find alternative ways around issues
- Innovative - This job required creativity and the ability to create innovative solutions to business problems. Tableau developers need to be self-motivated and have the initiative to find solutions and improvements to systems during prototyping and customer testing phases
- Detail-Oriented - Tableau developers need to have strong attention to detail in order to spot inaccuracies in coding or data. Additionally, they can remain focused when working on multiple parts of an application or system at the same time
- Teamwork - Tableau developers work as part of a large team and work towards shared business and department goals, so the ability to work professionally with others is vital to being successful in this job