Global Security Support Analyst (Local Remote - Michigan) - LT Contract
- Job Title
- Global Security Support Analyst (Local Remote - Michigan) - LT Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48106
- Other Location
Title: Global Security Support Analyst (Local Remote - Michigan)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our Information Security group is rapidly expanding its Security Support program and designing new processes and practices. We are currently looking for a strong security professional with pragmatic experience to provide security support to international markets as they take necessary steps to protect their businesses.
This position supports efforts to reduce and/or mitigate impact to operations as a result of security challenges or incidents. Relationship building with master franchisees, their support teams, and global operations teams is critical to the success of this function. The Analyst – Global Security Support will collaborate regularly with stakeholders, master franchisees, stakeholders, vendors, and other related parties with emphasis on delivery quality and effective services to protect our brand
The Analyst – Global Security Support must possess a deep technical understanding of networking, network architecture, and network defense capabilities. Responsibilities include providing support for extensive troubleshooting of security issues and events, supporting security investigations, and developing dashboards and reports relative to findings and events for consumption by business units outside of Information Security. This individual will be master franchisee focused and will provide clear and practical security requirements and manage risks to non-technical teams in a timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (% must equal 100%)
Responsibility #1 (100%) Analyst - Global Security Support
- The Analyst – Global Security Support must be willing and able to work outside normal business hours to include night and/or weekend on-call rotation. Coordinates with other Technology areas to resolve problems, as necessary.
- Professionally and courteously answer inbound security-related communications and provide franchises with the best possible customer service and experience.
- Provide support to teams during security events, execute analysis, and provide accurate and timely feedback.
- Ensure that the franchisees are implementing best practice security policies that address business needs while protecting the brand. Individual must be able to perform with minimal supervision of routine duties; must demonstrate ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists; interpret written, and oral instructions, diagram, or schedule formats.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and service skills by documenting all analysis work and communications. Meet service level agreements regarding response time and proper notification.
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management. Participates in special projects as required.
- Engagement: Ability to triage and respond to incidents as they arise. Providing fast, efficient, and thoughtful correspondence to customers.
- Responsiveness: Ability to respond to incidents (low to severe).
- Innovation and Resourcefulness: Sense of innovation, creativity, and resourcefulness necessary to ensure test designs and execution steps are valuable and crafted to drive maturity.
- Self-Motivation: Ability to be self-driven and engaged while maintaining productivity and team progress. Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Deep understanding of and appreciation for various global cultures. Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations. Commitment to excellence and willingness to do what is necessary to get the job done.
Required Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated history of responding to incidents of various types.
- History of performing OSINT, Threat Intelligence, and security incident investigations
- Splunk or other SEIM experience
- Crafting queries
- Developing dashboards and visual representations
- Significant theoretical and practical knowledge in the following areas:
- Operations Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.
- Well-known networking protocols and services (FTP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP, etc.)
- Exploits, vulnerabilities, network attacks
- Packet analysis tools optional but desirable (tcpdump, Wireshark, ngrep, nmap, etc.)
- Regular expressions optional but desirable
- Basic understanding of Windows or Linux operating systems including:
- Managing processes
- Active Directory
- Obtaining system statistics such as CPU, memory, disk, network interface utilization from the command line Identifying potential problems from system logs
- Excellent problem-solving skills that would allow for the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues. Service-oriented with a strong interest in end-user satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Rudimentary understanding of intrusion detection/prevention, firewall operations, and other general security practices. Solid understanding of computer network fundamentals including address resolution protocol, routing, network address translation, virtual private networks, and the OSI model.
- Knowledge and experience with PCs, LAN topologies, routers, hubs, VPN technology and terminal servers. Knowledge of security applications such as IDS, Security Event Management, and anomaly detection tools.
- Ability to read and interpret network diagrams.
- Identify threats within an ecosystem, across problems, clearly explaining emerging trends with an emphasis on cultural or societal specific differences.
- Inform effective strategies to prevent or disrupt abuse at scale and consult on mitigations to affect those strategies.
- Proactively hunt for currently undetected abuse by leveraging internal data, open-source intelligence, and third-party private intelligence.
- Investigate complex cases to understand attribution and identify enforcement strategies.
- Inform the company’s understanding of previously unidentified threat types through the production of strategic and tactical intelligence, and its dissemination to the appropriate audiences.
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos, and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material.
- Experience with data analysis tools and techniques
- Experience investigating and acting on high-impact threats and online threat actors
- Experience thinking critically and qualify assessments with solid communications skills
- Proven track record of managing and executing on short-term and long-term projects
- Experience prioritizing tasks, projects, and investigative needs and execute with minimal direction or oversight
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, or Mathematics.
- Completion of an Associate’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, or Mathematics and 1 years of work experience in the field.