First Century Bank is looking for a full time Banking Specialist Lockbox/Wire to join its Commerce, GA team. This individual may have previously held an operational or teller position at a financial institution and is looking for an opportunity to grow and learn more in Banking. Individual would be expected to perform general operational duties and service customer needs through the following different functional duties:
1. Pick up mail from Post Office
2. Sort and open mail from various Post Office boxes using an extractor.
3. Scans items into check scanners
4. Keys any rejected items utilizing the BankUp program on PC
5. Responsible for balancing lockbox with client
6. Collect and send correspondence each day
7. Pull exception items as indicated by client
8. Maintain all lock box items for 90 days, after 90 days, ensure items are set for document destruction.
Wire Specialist duties:
1. Maintain the Wire Pro Software terminal by completing the following:
A. Check OFAC on all incoming and outgoing wires
B. Process incoming and outgoing wire transfers on a daily basis
C. Process general ledger/DDA entries for wire transfers on a daily basis
D. Add incoming wire details for customers in the “comments” screen in Providence
E. Notify respective departments of incoming wires
F. Maintain an electronic file of all wire activity on a daily basis (date, amount, originator, beneficiary)
G. Adhere to Bank’s wire transfer policy
2. Maintain the Federal Reserve wire terminal by completing the following:
1. Process incoming and outgoing wire transfers on a daily basis
2. Process general ledger/DDA entries for wire transfers on a daily basis
3. Add incoming wire details for customers in the “comments” screen in Providence
4. Notify respective departments of incoming and return wires
5. Maintain an electronic file of all wire activity on a daily basis (date, amount, originator, beneficiary)
6. Balance incoming and outgoing wires to the Federal Reserve.
1. Stuffs and mails bank statements, NSF notices, and charge back items.
2. Keeps daily reports on amount of postage used, number of statements mailed, NSF checks processed and charge back items.
3. Stores and maintains customer checks for 90 days at which time they are sent to the shredder.
4. Reports large dollar return items to the appropriate endorsing bank.
5. Key return items on Fed Line.
6. Process charge back of return items to customer accounts.
7. Communicate any notification of change on ACH items to appropriate customers through secure transmission or fax.
Proof Operator duties:
1. Operates proof machine to verify items taken in daily through the teller line.
2. Key items not red by scanners for items at drive in and client bank.
3. Corrects any rejects from Federal Reserve or Remote Deposit Capture.
4. Responsible for putting together loan coupon books and placing them in the mail.
5. Performs such other duties as may be assigned or which inherently or logically belong with the position.
6. Exemplify FCB's values while carrying out its mission and organizational goals and priorities.