PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Senior Estimator
- Job ID
- Jacksonville, NC
- Other Location
Project Support Services Inc. is currently seeking a Sr. Estimator. This is a government contract opportunity with a prestigious Federal Law Enforcement Agency. The candidates must be able to successfully complete a government background investigation. Successful candidates will be charged with performing the duties listed below individually and as part of a team.
Project Support Services Inc. is a progressive Service-Disabled Veteran-owned business with the best interest of its employees and clients at the forefront of its platform.
Project Support Services Inc. offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salaries, health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, paid holidays, 401k retirement package, four-tier bonus structure, and more. Interested applicants should apply to this job using the directions listed in this application. Thank you!
For a Southeast General Contractor, the Senior Estimator focuses on the development of cost estimates. The Senior Estimator must have broad experience and a thorough understanding of all construction divisions related to Federal government projects and a strong knowledge in estimating program processes for mid to large scale construction projects. The Senior Estimator will be a self-starter and overseeing major estimates with little supervision. Must be able to meet critical deadlines, have the ability to lead and coach others as well as to work as part of a team.
- Experience with bid packages and contracts related to design/build and design/bid/build projects ranging in size from less that $ 1 million to over $ 25 million. Small business experience is key.
- Conduct initial analysis of drawings and specifications to ensure required documentation is present.
- Develop full-scope estimates based on construction documents
- Critically analyze the bid documents and understand risk and opportunities and articulate those to management
- Gather and monitor actual cost vs. estimated cost, maintaining project cost history
- Provide detailed quantity take off of specific trades when required
- Create detailed crew and production cost estimates and review prices with office leadership
- Review the progress of existing projects to ensure their completion within the parameters of the established project budget
- Strong Pre-Construction Management for Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build for Federal Contracts
- Thorough understanding of general commercial construction along with heavy civil construction industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong math/accounting/Excel skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Desire to lead and coach team members while functioning effectively as part of the overall team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple bids concurrently
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications for General Commercial Construction projects including other disciplines of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Ability to accurately obtain quantities for structural components