- Job Title
- Software Architect
- Job ID
- Norfolk, VA 23510
- Other Location
Software Architect - 100% Remote
This position involves working on a team environment developing web applications for the
automotive industry, using the latest technologies in the Azure cloud.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative,
enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme
pride in their work. If you thrive by working side by side with one of the most experienced and
professional teams in the industry while leading your solutions to successful completion,
consider this opportunity as the next level in your professional development.
As part of the team, you have a unique opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic and
closely-interactive group of people, whose focus is to power the tools that run car dealerships
and create robust browser-based user interface functionality, using the latest developments in
front-end technology. This position will be responsible for working with other architects in a large
group for software engineers to implement an efficient and innovative web experience.
● Research and prototype solutions that fit the needs of the various teams
● Development of robust and user-friendly .NET-based web applications.
● Perform code reviews when needed.
● Design and implement API’s and Infrastructure software
● Design and Implement efficient data structures following standards and best practices
● Scaffolding of new software implementations
● Estimating and assisting on planning of work, timelines and dev organization
● Collaborate with the DevOps team identifying proper cloud solutions that fits our needs
● Application/Framework design as needed.
● Mentoring of other team members
● Provide creative solutions to problems identified by other team members
● Attend daily scrum and other agile ceremonies
● Other duties as required by management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
● 10+ years of programming experience.
● Strong knowledge of OOP and common design patterns.
● Ability to coach other developers on best practices etc.
● Thorough knowledge of C#, ASP, ASP.NET, and SQL Server required
● Knowledge of XML, JSON, SOAP and REST web services required
● Experience with source control like Github
● Experience working with cloud platforms like Azure required
● Knowledge of CSS preferred
● Self-motivated and proactive
● Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability
● Willingness to work in a team environment
● Solid organizational and time management skills