Electric Compressor Engineering Manager (EE Degree Required) (Hybrid Remote/On-Site) - Direct Hire
- Job Title
- Electric Compressor Engineering Manager (EE Degree Required) (Hybrid Remote/On-Site) - Direct Hire
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: Electric Compressor Engineering Manager (EE Degree Required) (Hybrid Remote/On-Site) – Direct Hire
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The candidate will be responsible for leading a Compressor group that will be designing and developing electric compressors and technologies.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers in the application of electric compressors.
- Interface with the customer, resolve escalated issues and present solutions.
- Provide direction through setting of goals and objectives with regular progress reviews.
- Facilitate design reviews and solicit global/cross-functional input.
- Engage customers and respond to requests for information/quotation.
- Manage relationship to internal functions (CAD, Lab, etc.) to expand/align capabilities.
- Execute required activities for the cost center, including budget, approvals, and changes.
- Interface frequently with global core Design and Manufacturing activities.
Years of Experience
- 5-8+ years related experience within an engineering management environment.
- 3-5+ years of experience with electric refrigerant compressors or comparable automotive electronic devices.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required; power electronics and/or PCB design preferred.
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, test, and launch refrigerant compressors.
- Expertise sufficient to train and mentor compressor engineers.
- Understanding of refrigerant systems and controls.
- Experience in quality disciplines and failure mode analysis and mitigation.
- Personnel leadership skills, including goal setting and performance management.
- Proven positive track record in leading international and multicultural teams.
- Experience in project planning and management.
- Ability to lead Technical Design Reviews according to Stage/Gate Development System disciplines.
- Skilled at giving presentations. Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Special Requirements (i.e., Overtime, Travel, etc.)
- Domestic and international travel required; overtime required as needed.