Desktop Support- Systems Technnician
- Job Title
- Desktop Support- Systems Technnician
- Job ID
- Dearborn, MI, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Following Incident Management methodology, the Systems Technician will deliver effective detection, isolation, and analysis of service interruptions to the desktop user community and reduce problem reoccurrences. Images and software install for all types of desktops and laptops
- Expertise in all types of desktops, peripherals, and desktop infrastructure interfaces.
- Correct any problems or work with vendors to correct any reported problem on these technology areas.
- Demonstrates expertise in desktop and laptop imaging and desktop software installation.
- Analyze and identify system and process problems to reduce the reoccurrence of a problem. Analyzes problems looking for trends, always keeping management informed of problem areas.
- Work with the incident management team to restore normal service quickly to all system interruptions and reduce any adverse impact on business.
- Work with Technology and Application development teams to manage the execution of projects where desktop changes are required.
- Stay abreast on most recent desktop technologies and system applications (Office 2016, Windows 7, 10 and Mac).
- Possessed current knowledge of SCCM for images and deployment patches.
- Establish direction for improved desktop support using the latest technology tools and best practices.
- Adding Users to Active Directory and modifying groups.
- Solve all technology based problems that are reported in a timely manner.
- Problem solve and implement process improvements meeting management expectation.
- Associate's Degree Required in Business or Related Field
- two (2) years of post-high school technical training in a related field
- Bachelor degree in business, information systems or a related degree preferred
- Performs all desktop related work at an expert level.
- Certified in A+ hardware, A+ operating systems and Mac certification preferred (i.e. OS X and OS Server). Additional A+ certifications a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of Windows and or Mac systems support for technical troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Experience with most recent versions of Windows and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook 2016 and Windows 7 and 10.
- Experienced with most recent version of Mac operation systems such as OS X Leopard thru Yosemite, etc. and Mac applications such as Office 2011 for Mac (This is a plus).
- Experienced using SCCM for desktop imaging and deploying patches. (This is a plus)
- Working knowledge in the use of business tools, as related to work tasks (Word, Visio, Excel, Mac tools, etc).
- Demonstrates an understanding of infrastructure, security, and desktop interface to our infrastructure. Possess the ability to correct any problems or work with vendors to correct any reported problem on these technology areas.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide advanced support in configuring personal computers and workstations to operate in a LAN environment as well as to identifying, recommending, and installing software to operate under LANs. Demonstrates the ability to determine if hardware problems require vendor dispatch for on-site service/repair.
- Office Environment
- Weekend Hours
- On Call Availability
- Travel (15%)