- Job Title
- HR Coordinator
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Other Location
Human Resources Coordinator
This position will handle HR-related functions including, but not limited to recruiting, onboarding, employee engagement, and general HR administrative support. As part of the HR team, the HR Coordinator will assist in additional HR responsibilities as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have experience in general HR functions, with a focus on recruiting, and will be
able to interact and communicate well with employees across the organization. The HR Coordinator will
need to manage their time effectively, be detail oriented, a critical thinker, and be a problem solver.
They must have the ability to provide excellent customer service to both their internal and external
customers, including prospective candidates, third-party recruiters, hiring managers, and members of
Essential Job Functions
• Coordinates hiring efforts including preparing job requisitions/descriptions, contacting
candidates, arranging interviews and participating in recruiting activities such as career fairs,
meet and greets, and networking events.
• Coordinates and participates in onboarding sessions and orientations for all new hires.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from candidates and employees, escalating complex
and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager
• Manages and develops company brand via a variety of avenues (i.e. Glassdoor)
• Creates and supports initiatives to increase employee engagement and promote our ACTIV
• Prepares and maintains company organization charts, employee directory, and seating charts.
• Handles administration for employee changes, such as salary, promotions, or position changes
• Provides support in other HR functions as necessary
Preferred skills and experience
• BS/BA Degree in Human Resources or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Human Resources or Recruiting working with
• Broad understanding of issues and rules related to human resources
• Experience interfacing with employment candidates combined with strong ability to sell the
• Must have a high level of discretion and the ability to maintain complete confidentiality with all
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other PC applications, ability to adapt to new
technology as it becomes available
• Experience using an HRIS preferred