Technical Writer (Exp. w/ DITA, XML, CMS Systems/Tools, documenting APIs, and Agile exp.) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Technical Writer (Exp. w/ DITA, XML, CMS Systems/Tools, documenting APIs, and Agile exp.) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Springfield, MO 65804
- Other Location
Title: Technical Writer (Exp. w/ DITA, XML, CMS Systems/Tools – SDL Tridion Docs, Ixiasoft, XDocs, and Agile exp.) (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Enterprise Content Services (ECS) and the Banking Services team is looking for a Technical Writer to work with the newly formed Regional Banking Office (RBO) team. The RBO team will be responsible for the scoping, development, and testing of items that will help support larger banks by expanding existing field data and creating new Core Business Services (APIs) to expand the Silverlake UI offering and open all services up through Jack Henry’s proprietary messaging platform, jXchange.
As a technical writer, you'll attend meetings, perform research, test software to determine features that need documentation, as well as translate technical information into content that guides our users as well as Jack Henry staff. Candidates for this position will be responsible for working in an agile development process for software design and testing and should have prior experience with API documentation.
This position may be worked from Springfield, Missouri and/or Remote.
- Associate’s degree.
- Minimum of 18 months of professional writing experience in a role such as Technical Writer / Technical Editor / Content Strategist / Technical Communicator / Content Developer / Content Designer / Information Architect / Web Content Writer or Specialist.
- Experience in project and process management of a documentation set with any combination of help system manuals, user manuals, release documents and/or feature documents.
- Experience working with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process, such as Agile and DevOps.
- Experience with structured authoring techniques in DITA and XML.
- Experience in content management systems and/or help tools (i.e. SDL Tridion Docs, Ixiasoft, XDocs, etc.).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for technical writing.
- Ability to handle fast-paced, time-critical projects and deliver great user outcomes.
- Track record of problem solving and innovation.
- Strong knowledge of the Fintech industry.
- Strong project management skills.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based content for non-technical and technical users.
- Identifies user needs and works with customer base to resolve issues relating to documentation.
- Writes, publishes and maintains high-quality help content, API documentation, and user interface (UI) messaging.
- Collaborates with Engineers, Product Managers, Quality Assurance staff, and UX designers.
- Navigates ambiguity with ease, creatively overcomes obstacles, and turns challenges into opportunities.
- Actively seeks feedback from all levels and works with other writers to raise the bar.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.