Sr. Cloud Automation Engineer (Azure, AWS or Google Cloud & IaC – Terraform, Ansible, etc.) (100% Remote)
- Job Title
- Sr. Cloud Automation Engineer (Azure, AWS or Google Cloud & IaC – Terraform, Ansible, etc.) (100% Remote)
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77070-5933
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Cloud Automation Engineer (Azure, AWS or Google Cloud & IaC – Terraform, Ansible, etc.) (100% Remote) - $130K-$150K Conversion Salary
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Our Technology & Security Operations department is seeking a talented and self-motivated Cloud Systems Engineer with a proven track record in deploying & engineering hybrid-cloud solutions for enterprise environments. The ideal candidate will have successfully implemented solutions based on fit-for-use, i.e. business continuity; service level agreements; availability; capacity; security; as well as, configured cloud infrastructure for new services. Candidates will enjoy working as both an individual contributor and in a collaborative, team environment.
This role is under the Technology & Security Operations department focused on designing and implementing solutions that support our data center strategy through enabling efficient, secure consumption of cloud platforms. There is an on-call rotation and you may potentially work nights and weekends based on business needs.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in information technology.
- Must have experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% to attend a conference or a training/meeting at various locations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in systems administration, architecture, or engineering.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience engineering enterprise scale solutions.
- Experience migrating workloads between clouds.
- Experience with scripting and/or automation (i.e. PowerShell, Bash, Python, Dome9, Terraform, etc.).
- Experience with networking concepts (i.e. subnetting, protocols, WAN connectivity, virtual networks).
- Experience with cloud security & governance (i.e. ACLs / Firewalls / Policy).
- Experience using source code repositories like GitHub.
- Experience with Linux in an enterprise setting (i.e. RHEL, CentOS, Fedora).
- Experience with industry frameworks and methodologies: ITIL/Agile/Scrum/DevOps/SRE.
- Experience with the Financial Services Industry and regulated environments.
- Experience diagramming solutions and documenting processes and standards.
- Provides operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Performs troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintains in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Develops custom reports to meet the business needs.
- Drive continual service improvement.
- Prepares systems assessments or certifications.
- Executes test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assist with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.
- Acts as a team lead
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.