Sr. Software Engineer (Back-End, Exp. Deploying & Supporting APIs & App. Services in Prod.) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer (Back-End, Exp. Deploying & Supporting APIs & App. Services in Prod.) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Springfield, MO 65809
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Our team is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. We leverage modern technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We have a first-class API; the same API our web and mobile apps use is the same API that is open to the community to build on top of and extend.
You are infinitely curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. You want to be somewhere that you are trusted and set up for success every day. You want to be somewhere that surrounds you with other great engineers that drive you to be better every day.
Although you work in a team you are self-motivated and able to work with independence. You want to own the deliverable from working with the product manager to define the scope all the way through supporting your work in production. You care deeply about your work, your team, and the end user.
We value trust and those with a bias towards action. We have a remote-first culture that challenges you each day and supports your growth. We are confident you will love it here.
What you and your team are working on
The Senior Software Engineer participates and works with our team to provide APIs and web servers for a suite of single page applications as well as our online banking product. Our APIs are first-class in nature and are consumed by both our internal teams as well as teams outside of our group.
Senior Software Engineers are constantly keeping our apps up to date with the newest development and deployment practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data. Our team also works to enable other teams by building tools and processes that help them do their work faster and deliver more consistently.
About the team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of less than 100, we place high value on continued education and also contribute to, and use, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want within the US. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge web technologies across the stack and contribute to products that are used by thousands of people.
This position will be hired Remotely within the US.
- Minimum 6 years of back-end development experience.
- Minimum 2 years as a Senior Software Engineer/Developer.
- Must have experience deploying and supporting APIs and application services in production.
- Experience with continuous integration systems.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with functional languages such as Scala, Haskell, Elixir, etc.
- Experience with Golang/Go programming.
- Experience tracing a request through the network stack
- Experience with JVM-based languages.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.