Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Rockledge, FL 32955
- Other Location
Hourly Rate: $12.50/hr
Position Summary: This position serves as a receptionist for Brevard C.A.R.E.S. This position will manage the front desk to greet and respond to visitors as well as answer and direct incoming calls. Additional duties include processing incoming checks, maintaining records, copying, faxing, opening and distributing mail.
- Receptionist Duties - Essential Function: Greets and directs visitors to the company. Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel. Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Switchboard Operation-Essential Function: This is required to answer and direct callers in a professional and efficient manner and to assist guests to the facility.
- Productivity/Equipment: This position will troubleshoot and call for maintenance (if necessary) of equipment in order to prevent office and work disruption. This position also serves as the first tier of the facility maintenance in accordance with established procedures.
- Administrative Support-Essential Function: This is required to provide added administrative support to the staff. This will include maintaining required directories and listings. Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications. Coordinates the pick-up of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.). Assists in the receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies. Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Calendar/ Diary Management - Schedule Appointments: Plan and schedule meeting space for the conference rooms.
- Other duties as required: Job performance requires fulfilling other incidental or related duties as assigned, assisting and training others, and performing duties of higher rated positions from time to time for developmental purposes.
- Customer Service: Able to anticipate and respond to customer's needs, concerns, or questions in order to meet or exceed their expectations; help evaluate needs and options; show care and concern to demonstrate customer importance and value.
- Diligence: Able to persevere in accomplishing tasks or objectives; commit to long hours of work; do everything possible to reach goals; have a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Develop Relationships: Able to relate with others while building credibility and rapport; give personal support and reassurance; put others at ease; build cooperative relationships.
- Attention to Detail: Able to be thorough and complete when working with assembling, processing, or providing detailed information; track details even when under pressure.
- Integrity: Able to demonstrate consistency of words and actions; protect confidential information; do what is right even when no one is watching; demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values.
- Problem Solving: Able to exercise judgment in building realistic solutions to problems; understand the real issues behind problems; use common sense and take practical action to solve problems.
- Sensitivity: Work effectively with and show sensitivity to cultural differences and various socio-economic backgrounds of others.
- Ethics: Adhere to and model principles and values of Agency and System of Care by being strength-based, solution-focused, maintains highest level of integrity and ethical standards and work collaboratively with employees, partners, stakeholders and clients in all interactions.
- Minimum 1+ years receptionist experience: Prior receptionist experience preferred.
- Effective written communication skills: This position may be responsible for drafting memos, correspondence, meeting minutes, etc., and for ensuring a professional product for public consumption.
- Superior Customer Service Skills: This is required to create and project a positive, helpful, professional and solution focused experience for callers and visitors.
- Effective verbal communication skills: This is required in order to create a positive experience in person and over the telephone for consumers by exhibiting professional verbal communication and a professional demeanor at all times.
- Valid Driver's License-Essential: This position requires a valid driver’s license.
- Microsoft Office Application: This position requires basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Organizational & prioritization skills: This is required in order to effectively and professionally respond to a heavy workload in a fluid and dynamic environment.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- AA/AS - Associates Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1 to 2 years related experience required.
- 2 to 5 years related experience preferred.
- Lifting 20 pounds
- Carrying 20 pounds
Brevard Family Partnership and Brevard C.A.R.E.S. are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. These employers also maintain Drug-Free Workplaces. Requests for Auxiliary Aids for Hearing Impaired or Limited English Proficiency Candidates may be made with a minimum of five (5) days notice to C. Hernandez at (321) 752-4650.