Option 2: Create a New Profile
Training & Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist
- Job Title
- Training & Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32935
- Other Location
Department: Strategy & Performance
Reports to: Director of QM Svc.
Job Code: CMPL17
Salary/wage Grade: E-5
Labor Type: Full Time
Position Summary: This is a professional Training and Quality Assurance position with responsibility for development and delivery of training activities for child welfare professionals such as case managers, Brevard Family Partnership (BFP) employees and employees of the system of care network providers. Effective performance requires a high degree of independent judgment and action under minimal guidance. The incumbent will conduct pre-service training to prepare prospective case managers to successfully pass the Florida Certification Board credentialing examination. The pre-service training includes basic classroom and field training provided to new hired child welfare staff to ensure that they have the job knowledge and skills necessary to perform their responsibilities in a satisfactory manner. The position requires the incumbent to assist with In-service, foster and adoptive (resource) parents, and community presentations. The incumbent will also work with BFP's Quality Assurance Manager to identify possible gaps in training through internal and external reviews to include In-Home and Out-of-Home Care case management file reviews and adoption related services. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring quality of services is monitored and tracked, and will develop and implement performance improvement plans and track results as necessary.
- Training Delivery - Essential Function: Deliver or facilitate case management-related pre-service training presentations in order to create a positive learning experience. Provide in-service training and community presentations. Assess child welfare training strengths and needs for development of training schedules.
- Training Fulfillment and Needs Analysis - Essential Function: Coordinate BFP training calendar and ensure required trainings are conducted per schedule. Help to identify opportunities for training programs based on system of care needs, interests and/or enhancement opportunities.
- Instruction/Facilitation of Learning - Essential Function: Identify learning objectives; select and deliver instructional methodologies in order to facilitate learning and development. Provide pre-service training to case managers. Develop and implement "best learning and training practices." Provide post pre-service field support for trainees and supervisors to assist in the transfer of learning from the classroom to the field. Provide assistance in case plan development, judicial reviews, court related functions, staffing preparation and field activities.
- Development Support and Coaching - Essential Function: Assess learning requirements and recommend and coach individuals in order to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Training Customization: Customize existing programs or develop new programs in order to meet a training need.
- Training and Development: Identify and diagnose performance issues, establish performance expectations, and development plans in order to assist a manager in developing new skills of leadership. Achieves and maintains specialty certifications determined by the Sr. Executive of Strategy.
- Training Programs: Research training programs, instructor availability, and customer needs in order publish long-term training schedules. Annually review and adjust Training Plan.
- Training Evaluation: Assess trainee performance in order to evaluate training and development effectiveness. Establish and maintain required reports, training hours, etc.
- (QA) Productivity and Performance Optimization: Participates in Child Welfare Quality Assurance reviews to assure that case management activities are in compliance with Florida Statues, Florida Administrative Code, Children and Families Operating Procedures (CFOP), Federal Requirements, local policy and procedure and other directives.
- Quality Improvement Promotion - Essential Function:: Participates in quality improvement activities as a means to improve compliance, efficiency, and effectiveness of service provision to create better outcomes for the children and families served. Participates in special case management reviews in an effort to improve system responsiveness. Assists in staff development. Will also assist in areas of risk management by tracking concerns and preparing reports.
- Quality Policies Recommendations - Essential Function:: Identify problems; study standards; evaluate quality outcomes in order to recommend quality policies. Assists in the development of local procedures specific to child welfare case management.
- Data Analysis - Essential Function:: Collects, analyzes and tracks data for the purpose of reporting about performance in the domains of child safety, permanency, and well-being.
- Customer Service - Essential Function:: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with Brevard Family Partnership customers.
- Instructional Technologies: Attend workshops, review professional publications, and participate in professional conferences in order to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of instructional technologies. Develop expertise on training related technology, techniques, and presentation media.
- Other duties as required: Job performance requires fulfilling other incidental or related duties as assigned, assisting and training others, and performing duties of higher rated positions from time to time for developmental purposes.
- Facilitation: Able to use judgment and provide a processes to ease group resolution of issues; clarify points of view and terminology to gain group acceptance; facilitate the actions, decisions, or opinions of others in a positive direction.
- Perceptivity: Able to interpret verbal and non-verbal communication; use perceptions to understand and relate to others; perceptively analyze the actions and opinions of others.
- Develop Relationships: Able to relate with others while building credibility and rapport; give personal support and reassurance; put others at ease; build cooperative relationships.
- Trust and Respect: Able to demonstrate respect and treat others in an honest and straightforward manner; keep dealings with others confidential; keep word and follow through on commitments.
- Analyzing: Able to break down problems and information in order to systematically identify the cause of problems or make recommendations; gather information from multiple sources; analyze complex information; organize information for analysis.
- Self-Control: Able to maintain a composed problem-solving approach when faced with unrealistic expectations, pressing time demands, frustration, or interpersonal conflict.
- Adaptability: Able to adjust approach when dealing with arrogant or inflexible people; adapt to changes in situation, direction, or people; adjust to needs of others without losing self-esteem.
- Integrity: Able to demonstrate consistency of words and actions; protect confidential information; do what is right even when no one is watching; demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values.
- Sensitivity: Work effectively with and show sensitivity to cultural differences and various socio-economic backgrounds of others.
- Ethics: Adhere to and model principles and values of Agency and System of Care by being strength-based, solution-focused, maintains highest level of integrity and ethical standards and work collaboratively with employees, partners, stakeholders and clients in all interactions.
- Certified Child Protection Professional - Required: This is required in order to serve in this role to understand the process of child welfare and exhibit competency while providing training and file reviews.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills: This business experience is required in order to effectively train a wide-variety of training curriculums and for writing effective summaries, and reports.
- Knowledge of instructional design and learning modalities: This business experience is required in order to understand how to present and promote a training curriculum to different learners.
- Analysis: This position must review various data elements and identify trends, root causes, opportunities for training, and areas of strength to assess overall agency performance.
- Valid Drivers License - Required: This is required in order to travel throughout the county for training and QA reviews.
- Research Best Practice Models in Child Welfare:: This business experience is required in order to provide effective and credible child welfare training.
- Develop, design and prepare curricula: This business experience is required in order to meet the needs of the QA/Training department.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS - Bachelors Degree or equivalent required.
- MA/MS - Masters Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Florida Child Welfare Practice Model/ 2-5 years experience required.
- 1 year training/facilitation experience preferred.
Brevard Family Partnership and Brevard C.A.R.E.S. are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. These employers also maintain Drug-Free Workplaces. Requests for Auxiliary Aids for Hearing Impaired or Limited English Proficiency Candidates may be made with a minimum of five (5) days notice to C. Hernandez at (321) 752-4650.