- Job Title
- R&D Scientist
- Job ID
We are working with one of the fastest-growing dairy brands in the country! To continue this explosive growth, our client is hiring a R&D Scientist to take on projects from concept to commercialization. The ideal candidate must be hands-on with product development in the food industry and able to develop specifications for new products based on critical sensory and nutritional attributes. Please apply if interested!
· Develop, formulate, and commercialize food products with minimal supervision.
· Tasting different food products, including dairy.
· Create benchtop/prototype samples and develop SOPs.
· Work with plant leadership team to develop action plans while monitoring progress of plans and improving the results.
· Work with external resources including suppliers and co-manufactures.
· Work with Innovation, Operation, and Quality teams plus other partner to create and improve food products.
- Bachelors Degree in Science, preferably food science or culinary degree.
- Minimum two years of R&D experience in a food company and/or relevant product development.
- Experience with fermentation.
· Great understanding of chemistry and microbiology.
· Strong sensory skills that can identify and describe flavors in detail.
· Comfortable to work in a manufacturing environment.
· Great understanding of taste, texture, and how it will impact quality of food.
· Passion for natural foods and health & wellness.