We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are wanting to make an impact in both their professional career and at B2Gnow. Be a part of an exceptional team that directly helps the nation’s disadvantaged and small businesses get a fair shot in the government’s bidding process. Current opportunities are listed below.
Feel you have something to bring to the table, but don’t see your ideal role defined here? We’d still like to hear from you; click on "Create Profile" below to send us your information!
- Job Title
- Software Developer
- Job ID
- Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Other Location
We are looking for a passionate and curious junior level full stack software developer to join our development team. Our ideal candidate has a background in C#, .NET, SQL, and VB6 and isn't afraid to take on new, as well as old, development projects. A desire to learn the ins and outs of our complex diversity management software, both from the backend as well as from the customer perspective, is a must.
You will be asked to design, implement, and maintain our core B2Gnow system. This includes fixing software bugs identified pre and post development, implementing new features in the system, creating data driven reports using SQL and SSRS, transitioning code from VB6 to .NET, and other development tasks.
B2Gnow, one of the fastest growing companies in the country (Inc. 5000, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020), is seeking a Developer to join our team of exceptional individuals.
B2Gnow provides software to governments of all sizes that streamlines and improves the effectiveness of their supplier diversity programs. We offer a fun and professional environment, and while our business is very stable (founded in 1999), we operate more like a startup. B2Gnow’s web-based SaaS platform supports a load of thousands of simultaneous users and transactions in a completely secure environment. Our solutions are offered as a robust, hosted system that requires no additional hardware or software, and minimal training and implementation expenses.
Location: Phoenix, AZ near McDowell & 7 th Avenue
Position Type: Full-time Employee, Onsite
Salary: $55,000 - $70,000
Our Mission: Provide technology that empowers businesses and workers to create and participate in an equitable and transparent marketplace.
● Integrity: Always do the right thing
● Accountability: Your word is your bond. Be persistent in your actions.
● Teamwork: Together everyone achieves more.
● Innovate: Always strive to Make it Better.
● Diversity: Value and appreciate the uniqueness in everyone.
● Humble: Ego has no place here. Be grateful for our accomplishments.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Development Team Manager, the duties and responsibilities of a Software Developer I include
● Working with the Development, Product, and Quality Assurance teams to develop, test, and maintain web-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
● Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
● Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
● Working with teammates in the migration of older applications (asp, VB6) to current Microsoft technologies.
● Write and update related technical documentation.
● Troubleshoot a variety of bugs identified during testing and post deployment.
● Participate in two-week sprint cycles used for large projects
Desired Skills and Experience
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to work collaboratively with a team as well independently
● Must be self-motivated and driven
● Ability to multitask
● Strong organizational skills
● Must be adept to handling pressure and working under stress
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline, or 2+ years related experience
● Strong desire to learn
Core Competency Requirements:
● Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
● Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
● Familiarity with version control concepts
● Knowledge in Visual Studio, SQL Server
Preferred Competency Requirements:
● Experience with virtualized environments (AWS)
● Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
● Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C#
● Knowledge or experience with Visual Basic 6, and asp
● Knowledge and experience with agile development methodologies
● Competitive salary
● Medical Insurance
● Optional dental and vision
● Life insurance
● 401k program with company match
● Paid vacation and holidays
If you meet these requirements and are an exceptional individual ready to join our team, please contact us. Unlimited opportunities for the right person!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status or other prohibited factors under applicable federal, state and local laws.