Business Data Analyst
- Job Title
- Business Data Analyst
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI 48170
- Other Location
Business Analyst- Social Listening
The Business Analyst will be responsible for executing and contributing to expansion of the social media listening and care strategies. This individual will drive real-time understanding and situational awareness of the issues impacting the client’s business and brand on a day-to-day basis. As part of a high-performing team, the Analyst will work closely with the account manager and operations manager to uncover new opportunities to deliver insights and enhance brand and customer experience. Additionally, this individual will contribute to integrated digital reporting for the client.
● Daily social listening and delivery of comprehensive reports in support of client’s brand and business priorities
● Analyzing competitive landscape and responses to key topics
● Helping to identify key trends and insights from online community conversations across various online forums and other social media platforms to translate them into business opportunities and priorities.
● Social listening tool setup (including keywords, query parameters and dashboards) and analysis.
● Supporting weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting by pulling and interpreting data from social listening tools including volume, sentiment, conversation drivers, influencers, etc.
● Take initiative on refinement of query parameter setup to ensure accurate and insightful mention analysis is available to report on by the end of the reporting period.
● 2+ years in social media or digital marketing analytics
● Degree in an analytical or business-related subject such as marketing/market research, data analytics, economics, business administration, etc.
● Demonstrated ability to translate complex data sets into insightful non-technical stories.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong strategic understanding of social listening capabilities and passion for staying educated about developments.
● High level of comfort operating within a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects at once, exceptional attention to detail is a must.
● Ability to interpret extensive amounts of detailed data and to see the big picture, providing actionable and influential recommendations.
● Naturally curious; inspired by the road less traveled and finding creative solutions that others haven’t considered.
● Analytical by nature, but able to translate data into insights with a story telling mentality.
● Demonstrated commitment going above, & beyond to help business partners or system users in solving problems or finding information.
● Expert level user for Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive Suite et
● Experience with data visualization and dashboard design preferred.