Sr. Cloud Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Cloud Engineer
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
Provides key expertise in the development and enablement of enterprise cloud capabilities across the organization. Designs and implements cloud platform capabilities and controls to provide an enterprise platform for application teams to consume. Candidate is a specialist helping to lead a team of hardworking cloud engineers to enable a safe and secure cloud computing environment. Partners with cloud engineers, information security, core infrastructure teams and application developers to enable agility through best-in-class automation and infrastructure as code.
The candidate should have deep hands on experience with technical implementations for cloud and solutions as well as the capability to deliver those solutions.
The Work Itself
- Be a critical team member in a highly skilled, skilled team of Cloud Engineers accountable for the design and development of automation for AWS platform configuration and controls.
- Help us lead the development of everything-as-code, always maintain an audit ready posture, and automate validate of controls for security, compliance, and auditability.
- Focused on and responsible for the raising the bar, increasing cloud engineering capability and positive impact across Cloud Engineering
- Collaborate and partner with counterparts from Security, Enterprise Architecture, and CIO application teams to enable developer agility while ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
- Practice and advocate agile/lean principles while providing SME in one or more AWS cloud domains.
- Champion a collaborative development approach which encourages and accepts contributions and emphasizes transparency.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Skills You Bring
- Preferred Certifications: AWS, Microsoft, or comparable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related relevant experience
- 3+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of proven ability of cloud architecture and related technologies
- SME in Networking, IAM, Security, Data, or other AWS cloud domains
- Experience working with partners and customers in a service delivery capacity
- Comfortable building solutions as an individual and as a technical leader of others concurrently
- Excellent technical documentation capabilities and focus on detail
- Critical thinking abilities and an enterprise-wide perspective
- Strong DevOps/ CI/CD process architecture/engineering, Jenkins, GIT, Source Code tools.