- Job Title
- Pharmacy Technician
- Job ID
- Petoskey, MI 49770
- Other Location
Your next possibility is closer than you think: Meijer is currently looking for an energetic Pharmacy Technician. This pharmacy tech role is an Entry Level – I position and an excellent opportunity to grow your career. As a Pharmacy Technician with Meijer, the individual selected will learn remarkable customer service skills while gaining insights into the drug store industry.
Meijer is a major player in the drug store industry and prides itself on providing quality pharmaceuticals at competitive prices and our adherence to industry practices. This Pharmacy Tech position will be located at our Petoskey store.
Working with Meijer is worth more than just a paycheck; we believe in productivity and growth. The following benefits are available to our staff:
- 10% team member discount
- Paid training
- Workplace diversity
- Flexible scheduling
- Weekly payroll
- Health coverage options
- Opportunities for promotion
- Required Skills
Meijer Pharmacy Technician
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
The position must practice the profession of pharmacy in an environment that by philosophy and policy promotes patient care. This person must be friendly and provide remarkable customer service to enhance overall patient health.
What You'll be Doing:
• Retrieving the appropriate medication from inventory.
• Inputting customer and prescription information in the pharmacy dispensing system.
• Creating prescription labels and adjudicating insurance claims.
• Completing paperwork related to filling prescriptions and receiving drug orders.
• Ordering prescription medication for the Pharmacy Department.
• Stocking prescription medication.
• Promoting pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to the customer.
• Prioritizing workload.
• Using effective communication skills and be agent of change.
• Maintaining a clean and orderly pharmacy for a professional appearance.
• Maintaining confidentiality of patient information.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
• High School/GED.
• Retail/Community Practice experience.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Positive attitude.
• Proficient typing skills.
• Neat and legible penmanship.
• Organizational skills.
• Prioritizing skills.
• Basic math skills.
• Professional appearance.
- Optional Skills
Willing to Certify the right individual!