Payment (Lockbox) Supervisor
First Century Bank is looking for a full time Payment (Lockbox) Supervisor to join its Commerce, GA team. First Century Bank, is dedicated towards serving its’ Management Company/HOA clients, by ensuring homeowner payments are processed in the same day they are received. The Lockbox Supervisor would be expected to lead the lockbox team by example, demonstrating a high attention to detail, streamlining processes to ensure accuracy and maximum efficiency, identify and deliver services which exceed our client’s expectations, ensure appropriate communication both internally and externally as to the status of processing, and anticipate the headcount needs based on the business cycle of payments.
Duties will include performing each of the duties below, as well as ensuring team members contribute towards completing the processing of all payments on a daily basis.
1. Pick up daily mail from Post Office.
2. Sort and open mail from various Post Office boxes using an extractor.
3. Scans items into check scanners. Ensure scanners are cleaned regularly to ensure clear scans, and minimize rejected scan items.
4. Keys any rejected items utilizing the Bank Up program
5. Responsible for balancing lockbox with client to ensure all items which are sent, are actually received.
6. Collect and send correspondence to client on a weekly basis.
7. Pull exception items as indicated on the daily exception reports, and provide to the client on a daily basis.
8. Maintain all lockbox items for 90 days, after 90 days, ensure items are set for document destruction.
9. Training new staff members to ensure consistent procedures are followed.
10. Anticipate lockbox staffing needs so that part time/temporary or internal resources can be deployed to address volume.
11. Implement or adjust procedures to ensure consistent, high quality work product.
12. Lead others by setting an example of high quality work product, providing timely accurate communication/reporting, and developing staff.
Qualified candidates should possess a High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual should possess computer skills and have knowledge of MS Office Suite products. Candidates should possess a high level of attention to detail, and strong math skills. First Century Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.