Sr. Network Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Network Engineer
- Job ID
- Bloomfield, CT 06002
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Bloomfield, CT based client in their search for a Network Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
This role is part of a team responsible for the continuous operation and performance of the enterprise security network including security systems such as Web Application Firewalls (WAF), traditional L3 firewalls, DDOS/IDS/IPS appliances, VPN, and Internet gateways.
- This position will provide operational support for network security changes, network security problem determination and subsequent resolution in a multi-business and international enterprise data network
- This position will ensure high quality security service delivery through daily monitoring of vendor performance, responsiveness to security problems, crisis management, and adherence to service levels and security service improvement initiatives.
- This position will be responsible for joint planning and vendor oversight for security-related change activity.
- A person in this role is expected to respond to high impact issues on a 24x7 basis along with other team members.
- Initial primary role is to work with application and security teams to configure F5-ASM policies from concept to protection and subsequent tuning.
- Administration of F5 security policies, pools, nodes, health monitors, iRules, Certs, firmware upgrades, and hotfix patching in ASM, APM, LTM, and GTM environments.
- Provide tier II/tier III operational support for incidents or problems involving network security devices.
- Prepare and document standard troubleshooting and recovery procedures for lower-level support staff.
- Troubleshoot and provide remediation for a variety of security equipment and technologies.
- Document in detail all information regarding incidents, responses, and root cause analysis.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of security policies on network security devices.
- Work with security engineering team to develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
· Required Experience
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities and industry standard mitigation practices.
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network.
- Sound background experience working with networking protocols involving routing, switching, and wireless connectivity.
- Knowledge of security protocols and implementations
- Experience with F5 load balancers to include the ASM, GTM, LTM, APM and BigIQ platforms.
- Experience with the configuration and support of the some of the following firewalls: Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Checkpoint and VMWare NSX.
- Experience with DDOS/IPS/IDS security appliances and services such as Arbor, Akamai, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, and Cisco.
- Experience with configuration and support of IPSEC VPN site-to-site tunnels
- Experience with configuration and support of client-to-site VPN tunnels.
- Experience with Cisco AnyConnect client support a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of WAF technologies.
- Experience with routing protocols OSPF, BGP, & EIGRP.
- Experience in the use of multiple network tools and management systems such as; SevOne, Qradar, Splunk, and Spectrum for network troubleshooting and reporting.
- Experience with applications such as ServiceNow, Jira, Tufin, Panorama, CSM