Advanced Application Engineer (5 years exp. with Windows Servers 2016+, 3 years cust. Service exp.) (100% Remote)f - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Advanced Application Engineer (5 years exp. with Windows Servers 2016+, 3 years cust. Service exp.) (100% Remote)f - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Birmingham, AL 35242-6306
- Other Location
Title: Advanced Application Engineer (5 years exp. with Windows Servers 2016+, 3 years cust. Service exp.) (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Conexess Group is seeking to hire a highly motivated Applications Engineer who will implement and support our Enterprise Workflow software in our customers’ environments. This is a complex, collaborative, and continuously evolving team which works across departments to install and integrate products. In this role, you will work closely with your teammates and other divisions and collaborate extensively with the in-house IT resources at our customer sites.
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge base of Windows operating systems and network environments, enjoys keeping up with new technologies and processes, can think creatively to deliver solutions, and can provide superior customer service. This individual would be working with two peers as well as three support technicians and an implementations coordinator.
This position will have working hours of 8 am to 5 pm CST hours and on-call support duties after hours, weekends and / or as business needs dictate.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Windows server environment.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years customer service experience with external facing customers.
- Must have experience with Windows Server 2016 or newer.
- Must be able to work some nights and some weekend activities.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% for trainings.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge of network and Internet technologies: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP.
- Technical experience with Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems and Virtualization Technology (VMware/Hyper-V).
- Experience with IIS and Active Directory (ADFS).
- Working knowledge of client virtualization environments including VMWare, Citrix, and Remote Desktop Server.
- Working knowledge of vLANs, routing protocols, firewall, and switching technology.
- Experience with problem isolation and performance troubleshooting using the application and network diagnostics. (Windows System Events, TCP/IP packet capture, Windows Communication Foundation trace).
- DevOps skills including, but not limited to: SQL Server, Visual Basic, XML, and C# code understanding and tracing.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site or remote installations, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Performs on-site or remote customer work including design, installations, repairs, testing, upgrades and/or maintenance on technical products.
- Identifies customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Resolves customer problems and answers questions.
- Serves as liaison between the company and customers.
- Conveys customer feedback to technical design and engineering staff.
- May provide ongoing application, network and security support including servers, firewalls, routers, active directories, etc.