PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Quailty Control Manager (Construction)
- Job ID
- Fort Gordon, GA
- Other Location
Provide the knowledge, skills and experience required to manage the day-to-day Quality Control operations of construction projects. Responsible for ensuring the work fully complies with all required quality standards as established in the contract documents. Working with the project team to maintain a work environment that is productive, safe and continuously kept clean and orderly. Moreover, responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes: fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day Quality Control activities working with the Project Team to ensure that the project-milestone dates and overall schedule completion date is met while maintaining all required quality control standards.
- Creating and maintaining a culture that values quality, safety and maintaining a healthy environment.
- Working with Project Manager (PM) to develop Baseline Project schedule and monthly updates.
- Work with Project Superintendent (PS) in preparation and use of three-week look ahead schedules.
- Work with PM & PS to identify all required testing requirements.
- Development and maintain Submittal and RFI Registers.
- Review all project Submittals and RFI’s for compliance with QC requirements.
- Work with PS to ensure all required testing and reports are planned ahead, performed and that all reports kept current.
- Work with PS and Safety Manager in managing the safety and health programs to ensure compliance with established policies, state/federal laws and OSHA regulations and act as the primary contact for all health and safety and/or regulatory agency requests and inquiries.
- Obtain / perform all QC inspections and ensure that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully compliant with the contract documents
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place.
- Participating in regularly held meetings involving internal staff and external stake holders such as pre-construction meetings, quality control, progress meetings, design review meetings, submittal and safety meetings.
- Participate in weekly Subcontractor progress review meetings.
- Preparation and managing the punch list inspection and follow-up process to assure timely completion.
- Maintaining daily QC and as-built documentation.
- Preparation of close-out documentation such as O&M manuals, as-built drawings & specifications, warranties, LEED documentation, etc.
- Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Ten (10) years Site Superintendent or Quality Control Manager experience required.
· Must have a bachelor’s degree in one of following disciplines: Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management – with a minimum of five years construction experience on a similar construction contract.
· Must possess a current Construction Quality Management for Contractors certification.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in government contracting required.
· A demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods associated across wide spectrum.
· Must have strong computer skills. Proficiency with MS Excel spreadsheets, email and other software used in the construction industry.
· Proficient in RMS preferred.
· Current safety credentials to include OSHA 10 or USACE EM 385-1-1 and First Aid/CPR required.
· Must have LEED experience (certification a plus). Current QCM certification issued by Associated General Contractors (AGC) required.
· A valid drivers' license issued by state of residence and in good standing and able to obtain and maintain a Government driver’s license.
· Will be required to pass facility security clearance investigation on DoD Projects.
· Will be required to pass Background Investigation on DoJ Projects
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills- Write and verbalize clearly, informatively and effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity - Respectful and sensitivity to cultural differences. Promote a harassment-free environment. Build a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Work with integrity and ethically; upholding organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyze market and competition, identifying external threats and opportunities and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism -Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepting responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments. Is polite, conversational, self-confident, comfortable to be with and non-assuming.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness. Generate suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas. Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills – Has the ability to build effective teams, to inspire others to their best, and to coach and mentor. Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manage them to a successful conclusion. Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by third party. Embraces life-long learning and strives to stay current with new industry trends and practice.