PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Project Manager (Construction)
- Job ID
- Fort Stewart, GA
- Other Location
An outstanding opportunity for growth with an established general contractor looking for result driven individuals to grow with the company.
We are looking for a Project Manager who will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority within areas of assigned responsibility for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority within areas of assigned responsibility for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants. Work is performed under minimum supervision; consultation with General Manager only for initial job assignment and where departure from standard practices involved. Responsible for project superintendence, management of field personnel and subcontractors, quality control compliance and documentation with project plans and specifications. Ensure customer requirements are met with consistency resulting in customer satisfaction. On each assigned project, establish expectations for quality workmanship, safety and professionalism, and ensure quality standards are upheld. Every project is to be completed in accordance with the project plans and specifications, on schedule and under budget.
Works with company staff to support goals and objectives. Supports “team” concept and actively promotes and demonstrates best business, communications, and ethical practices in support of the company and fellow employees.
Sets the example for professionalism and ethical practices. Provides on-site leadership to supporting company staff and subcontractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall contract management and performance. Set the example for all project personnel and ensure all work is performed in accordance with contract plans and specifications.
- Responsibly delegate appropriate responsibilities and duties to supporting staff, to include Assistant PM, Site Superintendent, Quality Control Manager and Site Safety & Health Officer.
- Ensure that subcontractors thoroughly understand contract plans and specifications. Manage all subcontractor involvement in the project. Identify potential conflicts or problems before they occur.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Manage all assigned subcontracts and ensure contract compliance.
- Preparation and ongoing management of overall Project Schedules including monthly updates and contemporaneous analysis of fragnet at all project changes.
- Recommend value engineering and other contract modifications, adjustments, to increase overall quality, efficiency and value.
- Anticipates potential schedule delays. Plan, communicate, and implement alternative actions.
- Respond to off-duty calls to meet priority or emergency work requirements.
- Examine subcontractor means and methods, material delivery schedules and identify constraints.
- Review change order requests from vendors and subcontractors, fully establish entitlement, and ensure it conforms to all contract requirements.
- Serve as the Government’s central point of contract for the day-to-day operations. Document all communications. Track all facets of project progress to include schedule, budget, Modifications and Change Orders, and reporting /deliverables requirements.
- Meet or otherwise communicate with each customer on a regular basis to ensure that customer expectations are being met or exceeded. Communicate early, communicate often.
- Conducts weekly Subcontractor meetings to review project status.
- Participate in Home Office and field meetings with project team members. Participate in strategic planning when requested.
- Prepares daily reports, weekly progress, monthly status and final project documentation. Document all communications with the customer.
- Ensure QC testing and reporting requirements are followed, and results documented.
- Track and report all associated project revenue, costs, and profits. Prepare and submit monthly CTC reports to senior management.
- Prepare, submit, and track monthly invoices to the client. Communicate with the client re payment irregularities.
- Review and ensure Subcontractor / Vendor invoice accuracy and submit same to Finance for processing only after progress work has been satisfactorily completed. Coordinate with Finance as necessary.
- Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge of all contract plans, schedules, and specifications. Maintain a current file of all contract documents.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable FAR clauses.
- Develop an understanding of the company’s subcontracting process and ensure all interactions with subs complies with established processes and procedures.
- Champion safety and ensure compliance with all safety requirements.
- Monitor work performed; analyze performance and establish corrective actions and controls.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- 4-year college degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management, minimum 5 years’ experience or 10 years equivalent experience in lieu of a 4-year degree.
- U.S. government contracting experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience including construction project leadership, organization, management, administration, as well as managing complex operations supporting multiple government or commercial customers.
- Design Build experience preferred.
- Must have management experience and ability to effectively organize and direct a multi-functional activity including planning, procedure development and resource management.
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 or USACE EM 385-1-1 and first Aid/CPR preferred
- Current QCM certification issued by Associated General Contractors (AGC) preferred.
- Broad knowledge in construction methods, practices, schedules, logistics and budgets.
- Ability to work extended work schedules as required supporting the project execution plans and schedules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency in P6 preferred.
- A valid drivers' license issued by state of residence and in good standing and able to obtain and maintain a Government driver’s license. Must not have a DUI or reckless driving history in the past ten years.
- Will be required to pass facility security clearance investigation.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills- Write and verbalize clearly, informatively and effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity - Respectful and sensitivity to cultural differences. Promote a harassment-free environment. Build a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Work with integrity and ethically; upholding organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyze market and competition, identifying external threats and opportunities and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism -Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepting responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness. Generate suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas. Consistently provide solutions to challenges.