Sr. Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Other Location
We are seeking highly-qualified individuals to join our team as Systems Engineers in our Ann Arbor, MI office. As a member of the systems engineering team, you will own major technical objectives that are critical to our success as a business. You will work on complex projects that span multiple teams, helping design and implement systems that are resilient to failure amidst exponential growth. We are constantly evaluating and implementing new technologies to satisfy our objectives. If you’ve been looking for a chance to work with next-generation tools in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, this might be your opportunity. If you enjoy solving puzzles that at first glance seem unsolvable this could be a good fit for you.
Successful candidates will possess expertise in Linux-based operating systems. We are a Python shop using SaltStack for configuration management, AWS for cloud infrastructure, Jenkins for continuous integration, Impala as a query engine and HDFS for storage; familiarity with those technologies will also be helpful. Additionally, past experience in a SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) role or similar position emphasizing the DevOps philosophy would be beneficial.
• Own new solutions from prototyping through deployment
• Automate All the Things
• Work closely with other groups to diagnose, solve, and prevent system problems
• Provide subject matter expertise during design sessions and technical reviews
• Support and foster cross team communication with a focus on resolving issues with a sense of urgency
• Participate in a Pagerduty rotation to support what you build
• Demonstrable expertise with Linux systems
• Experience with one or more configuration management platforms, such as SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, etc.
• Shell scripting and tool building experience; Python a plus
• Familiarity with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
• Interest and/or experience with cloud providers and technologies (AWS and Terraform primarily)
• Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, IPsec, IPv4, IPv6, BGP)
• Understanding of large-scale complex systems from a reliability and scalability perspective
• Familiarity with principles and practices of infrastructure and application monitoring