Senior Data Product Owner (100% Remote with travel) - HIRING ASAP
- Job Title
- Senior Data Product Owner (100% Remote with travel) - HIRING ASAP
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Data Senior Product Owner
The Data Product Owner we need thrives in complexity and on solving big challenges. If you enjoy complexity and problem solving, then this may be the perfect role for you. Our ideal candidate will develop customer-driven features, execute against a clear product vision (and often times help our clients set the product vision), and know-how to help large organizations execute like startups.
- Define and develop customer-driven features: You will be on the frontlines, talking to clients and users. The features you define will shape the product now and into the future. This requires thought, detail, data-orientation, and clear customer-driven thinking.
- Define data-related requirements: You will be working with our customers to understand and document the key aspects of data related application integrations. You will analyze data and map fields for transformation and integration. You will explore cloud-native and decoupled architectures to provide the client with a robust data integration platform.
- Execute (and often create) a clear product vision: How do they fit into the vision for the client product? How do they connect to form a cohesive user experience? Is there evidence that a new feature fills a need? You’ll work with our clients, user experience team, and engineering to shape a clear focused product offering.
- Prioritize and favor delivery over “perfection:” We move fast, and we value an attitude of pragmatism. We aren’t afraid to make mistakes because we respond to them quickly, correct them, and learn. We value getting features to market and learning over the “perfect” feature brief or user interface.
- Work and coordinate across teams and departments: Product works hand in hand with user experience, engineering, and client leadership. You will engage with and often coordinate across these departments to drive features through to creation and deployment. As a consultant, you will have to learn how to be effective through influence in multiple organizational structures. Understanding how to lead through influence while navigating large, complex organizations is a must.
We are looking for someone with:
- Desire and ability to do up to 30-60% travel to client sites (post-COVID)
- 4+ years of product management experience, preferably in enterprise or consumer software
- 3+ years of data-related experience with a strong grasp of gathering requirements for integrations, data types, and data transformation
- Strong understanding of XML, XSLT, JSON, and other lightweight data interchange formats and transforming technologies.
- Intermediate experience writing SQL queries preferred
- Solid understanding of enterprise integration patterns and middleware solutions
- Firm grasp of cloud-native architectures and tooling
- Strong orientation to clients, including ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to product enhancements and user experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the client’s situation
- 3+ years of experience in IT full development life cycle
- Familiarity and some experience working with both Agile and waterfall IT methodologies, practices, and Agile tools (Jira, VersionOne, etc.)
- A portfolio of features or product requirements you developed (or helped develop) that you can speak to with regard to motivation, market analysis, and measures of success
- Demonstrate potential solutions visually through process flows and visual diagrams. You are an organized and visual communicator.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field.
- Must have the ability to thrive in a work remotely environment, bringing the team together despite the challenges of remote work.
- Confident & Humble: Be able to provide strong recommendations but also open to other perspectives.
- Effective and self-starter: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- Collaborative: We favor teamwork and take ownership.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, solve for the client and customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance (including partners)
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Yearly Hackathons
- Yearly Holiday party
- Paid Vacation Time and company holidays
- Lunch & Learns
- Passionate, collaborative, and awesome co-workers