- Job Title
- Java Developer
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Other Location
Direct hire opportunity for a Java Developer to join the team. We’re looking for someone with broad development experience and in-depth technical knowledge. This role requires working closely with the product owners to develop cutting edge solutions for the automotive industry. The candidate must be capable of designing, developing, and owning complex, enterprise-scale web applications. This position will play an integral role in the growth of the Deal Exchange line of business.
- Assist with full development life cycle (SDLC) of various application enhancements.
- Willingness and aptitude for working with various new infrastructure technologies as needs arise.
- Responsible for support and administration of web service-based applications.
- Assist in development of web service integrations with new business customers.
- Assist with building internal processes, procedures, and methodologies, and work with Development Leads to ensure process is repeatable and efficient.
- Review software code to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Assist with documenting new application development standards.
- Build and execute unit tests as required. Document application behaviors, results, and issues.
- Utilize company configuration management practices for code check in/check out, version control, and overall management.
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise web applications using Java 8+/J2EE is required.
- 1+ years of experience designing databases and performance tuning SQL queries in SQL Server or any major RDBMS is required.
- 3+ years of experience with Java development frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA, etc. is required.
- Experience developing SOAP, REST based web services is required.
- Strong understanding of XSLT, XSD, WSDL, and JSON.
- Experience with Maven is required.
- 1+ years of experience deploying applications on any enterprise application server, preferably JBoss 7.0 (or higher) is preferred.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) concepts.
- Expert knowledge of coding best practices and proven experience enforcing them in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of version management, using tools like Git or SVN.
- Experience with build tools Gradle and Ant.
- Experience with Microsoft ADO.
- Experience writing unit tests using JUnit.