- Job Title
- Operations Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a client in Western NY that is looking for an Operations Manager. This is a unique role that will balance the third-party manufacturing relationship while manage production and supply chain. The ideal candidate is experienced, detail oriented with previous management experience in a food manufacturing environment. This role must have a solid understanding of third-party manufacturing roles and responsibilities. Strong supply chain experience within a small team is essential. Please apply if interested!
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Improve alignment & communication with production partner
- Manage the production planning & scheduling process with production partner
- Support the Global Procurement Manager with strategic sourcing & inventory
- Improves demand management & S&OP cycle together with own team and production partner
- Coordinate with Project Manager for CAPEX projects
- Basic administrative duties
- Monitor, coordinate, and report on production progress
- Continually strive to improve operational efficiencies while meeting customer demands
- Be a change maker
- Facilitate decision making in situations of conflicting interests
- Participate in daily meetings, report on KPI’s, RCA’s
- Daily/weekly alignment with large volume customers and bottlers
- Establish excellent processes: forecasting, procurement/stock level, interfaces
- Optimize cost position: capacity utilization, recipe complexity management
- Develop and implement improvement projects
- Manage the implementation of ERP system
- Manage the upgrade of the production software
- Ensuring contract is adhered to
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Solid understanding of third-party manufacturing roles & responsibilities, coaching of team
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on plant experience in a food manufacturing plant with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Background in adapting to changing organizational and operational needs; effective in leading others through growth in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
- Internal Drive – the desire for excellence
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Able to perform light physical work
- Natural leader
- Analytical thinker
- Enjoys being on a small team where they can have a big impact
- Previous project management experience