- Job Title
- Cake Decorator
- Job ID
- Westfield, IN 46074
- Other Location
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for preparing and decorating cakes for multiple occasions. The individual will also fill and condition the cake case throughout the shift.
Join a community. Build a career.
We are opening a new store in your area and are searching for new members of the Meijer family in all departments! We are looking for friendly team members to work in a clean and safe environment, focusing on efficiency, productivity and growth.
What You'll be Doing:
- Managing cake out-dates daily.
- Receiving and processing cake orders.
- Managing cake and icing inventory.
- Managing cake decorating station to include preparing icing's and following all sanitation procedures.
- Maintaining a positive, friendly working relationship with customers, team members and leadership.
- Stocking and maintenance of product and product displays according to quality and merchandising standards.
- Potential for working in our deli and bakery areas.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Work in an efficient manner.
- Pay extreme attention to detail.
- Have excellent written communication skills.
- Be creative and energetic.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Plan Coverage
- Meijer 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Days Off & Holiday Pay
- Team Member Discount
- Meijer Scholarship Opportunities for Team Members and their immediate families
- Leadership Development Training Opportunities
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it's a family name. Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our Team Members like they're a part of our family. We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That's why our Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job that's more than a paycheck, but a career that plays an important role in your community.
Why Work for Meijer
Meijer is a large Midwest-based grocery and retail chain founded in 1934. With a proven history of growth and employee care, we’ve been certified as a “Great Place to Work” and certified “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ equality.”
When you join the Meijer team, you will have opportunities to positively impact business results, customers, and your co-workers. Every individual on our team has a vital role in providing quality customer service. Start your career with Meijer, and there’s no limit to how far you can grow!
- Required Skills