Cash Office Cashier
- Job Title
- Cash Office Cashier
- Job ID
- Boardman, OH 44512
- Other Location
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
As a Cash Office/Cashier team member, you will craft quality customer experiences by providing efficient, effective customer service in the checkout lane that creates a positive and lasting impact on Meijer customers. In addition, you will provide support to the store accounting operations in an accurate and efficient manner.
Join a community. Build a career.
We are opening a new store in your area and are searching for new team members to join our Cash Office team! We are looking for friendly team members to work in a clean and safe environment, focusing on efficiency, productivity and growth.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You create ‘WOW' moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers.
- Assist the Cash Office by accurately balancing cash and ensuring cash is controlled and safely deposited.
- Verify all deposits from the day before
- Balance all lane drawers, department drawers, desk drawer, western union, Lottery, and U.S.P.S. transactions
- Complete transactions, handle money in all forms responsibly, and maintain accuracy of point of sale purchases.
- Use good eye contact and body language, displaying a friendly and outgoing attitude.
- Be prepared to handle customer questions adequately and appropriately.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- 18 years of age or older.
- High attention to detail and accurate reporting
- Basic mathematical skills
- Desire to work with customers.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Friendly outgoing attitude.
- Ability to operate cash register system.
Why Work for Meijer
Meijer is a large Midwest-based grocery and retail chain founded in 1934. With a proven history of growth and employee care, we’ve been certified as a “Great Place to Work” and certified “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ equality.”
When you join the Meijer team, you will have opportunities to positively impact business results, customers, and your co-workers. Every individual on our team has a vital role in providing quality customer service. Start your career with Meijer, and there’s no limit to how far you can grow!
- Required Skills