- Job Title
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC 29150
- Other Location
The Maintenance Supervisor directly oversees maintenance employees on shift (1st, 2nd or 3rd) including Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial Electricians and Plant Plumbers. The Maintenance Supervisor schedules maintenance employees to service the needs of internal customers while supporting manufacturing and distribution to ensure the company meets/exceeds company goals and targets with minimal expense. The Maintenance Supervisor assigns tasks and work orders, follows up on recurring issues, maintains shift documentation and provides daily written shift activity summaries. This role acts as a technical resource to the maintenance and operations staff and as the first point of contact on shift for technical issues that are not resolved to customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, train, supervise, develop and coach maintenance department employees.
- Regularly collaborate with mechanics, technicians, vendors, contractors, departmental managers and engineers on maintenance and other relevant matters.
- Interface with internal customer (manufacturing, packaging, distribution, etc.) regularly to ensure clear/concise communication between departments.
- Troubleshoot maintenance issues as they arise and establish team procedures for the most common situations.
- Review, analyze and enter all work order requests and assign to appropriate personnel.
- Review and ensure all work orders are entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Keep preventative maintenance assignments current.
- Review assigned projects and assign personnel accordingly.
- Assure all necessary tools and materials are available for all maintenance and engineering projects.
- Research and control technical services when required.
- Coordinate all projects with concerned departments and/or personnel.
- Respond to all crucial machine failures and coordinate parts and proper personnel for necessary repairs.
- Monitor running conditions of all major systems and critical units.
- Maintain administrative records of all direct reports (i.e., attendance, performance, professional development, etc.).
- Review and maintain department attendance including weekly review and approval of hourly payroll.
- Investigate incidents and complete documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 8 years’ experience as a technician, mechanic or field service engineer.
- Professional manufacturing maintenance experience.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication, teamwork, troubleshooting and time-management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Associate’s degree, trade school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior management experience and/or training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.