Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
- Job Title
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC 29150
- Other Location
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide maintenance support throughout the facility.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on the building and facilities equipment.
- Troubleshoot site equipment, machinery, systems and related issues and follow up as needed.
- Support the installation and startup of new machinery and equipment.
- Maintain a daily record of time and parts involved with assignments.
- Collaborate with mechanics, electricians, production workers and other staff to promptly resolve facilities issues.
- Ensure facility is prepared for fire-related hazards and emergencies including maintaining fire extinguishing equipment, alarms and exits.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of mechanical maintenance and/or general facilities experience in a manufacturing facility.
- 2 years of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting experience.
- Mechanical fabrication, wastewater system and boiler maintenance experience.
- Nutraceutical or pharmaceutical production industry experience.
- Proficiency in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Microsoft Office including Outlook.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics, electrical, plumbing and welding techniques and capable of utilizing standard shop equipment.
- Ability to read and understand manuals, blueprints, engineer designs and complex schematics.
- Strong time management, communication, teamwork, organization and troubleshooting/problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.