Banking Customer Service Representative – First Century Bank
First Century Bank is looking for a full time Banking Customer Service Representative to join its team at its anticipated new Branch in Hilton Head, South Carolina. This individual will be responsible for providing banking support to clients in person, over the telephone or via the internet.
Service in Person Clients:
1. Identify and pursue prospects for additional or new business that are profitable to the bank and retains present customers whose business is profitable to the bank. Individual will also perform a complete range of services including opening new accounts, as well as servicing existing accounts.
2. Receives deposits and ensures that all accounts are properly processed.
3. Participates in sales, service and product training meetings and implements techniques learned from these training sessions.
4. Complies with policies and procedures related to the position.
5. Communicates with clients the features, advantages, and benefits of all bank loan products, all deposit products and recommending appropriate product or service for customer need. Can fully discuss competitive advantages and highlight bank value, including niche client markets such as HOA/Management Company clients.
6. Develops "relationship banking" with each customer providing high quality service. Strives to retain and improve business relations by responding quickly and courteously to inquiries about products and needed problem resolution.
7. Research and appropriately address Fraud Alerts.
8. Research and take appropriate action on dormant accounts for designated branches and clients.
9. Receive and process Social Security Verification Requests.
10. Place debit card orders, complete research assignments, perform fraud assists as needed.
11. Support and process requests conducted through online banking including but not limited to: address changes, new account requests, secure messages, and online banking applications.
12. Set up online banking for designated customers and provide ongoing support to clients for its use.
13. As needed, submit cases to Q2, Bill Pay, or Accounting Integrators to address daily support issues.
14. Answer phones as needed and provide client support.
15. Assist customers with checking accounts, setting up new accounts, making changes to existing accounts (DDA, Savings, CD, etc…)
16. Process Transfers and Wires (including Verification) as requested.
17. Make tickets for transfers and payments to complete transactions.
18. Assist with Due Diligence process including but not limited to satisfying required checks for all clients including know your customer requirements, satisfying bank policy/procedures as well as governmental regulations.
19. Check and verify packets, then scanning into the system for ease of retrieval.
20. Prepaid customer relations, assisting clients to reach the prepaid program manager or designated representative.
21. Perform various prepaid projects including but not limited to: mass mailings, checks, calling, and verifying addresses.
22. Answer HOA requests by email including but not limited to the following: Setting up accounts, processing stop pays, research transactions, adding signers, and required due diligence for all banking clients including know your customer steps.
23. Perform some online banking requests including: initiating wires, creating necessary documents (signature cards, Reg GG, HOA Agreements, Etc.), closing accounts, issuing official checks, account adjustments, and other basic customer requests
Management Company/HOA Representative
24. Ability to act as liaison between FCB’s management companies and FCB. Responsible for escalated situations and inquiries outside of ContactUs limitations. Will consult with management on legal situations regarding agreements and contracts. Also will assist with any unusual requests or new scenarios from management companies/HOAs.
25. Performs such other duties as may be assigned or which inherently or logically belong with the position.
26. Exemplify FCB's values while carrying out its mission and organizational goals and priorities.
Qualified candidates should possess a High School Diploma; and 2 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be flexible with ability to adapt to change and competing priorities. Exceptional written and verbal communication experience is required.
First Century Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.