Director of HR/People & Culture
- Job Title
- Director of HR/People & Culture
- Job ID
Director of People and Culture
An exciting, extremely fast growing natural/organic/better for you food manufacturer is looking for a Human Resources Expert with a sharp strategic mind, tactical track record, and creative spirit. We seek a seasoned professional in the areas of talent recruitment, onboarding and employee engagement, and day-to-day HR operations.
The Director of People and Culture will report to the Chief Executive Officer, and will be a passionate advisor and key business partner to the senior leadership team. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining all HR people systems and processes including building and leading our talent development and retention strategy, and driving productive employee relations. The ideal candidate for this role will be a champion of our company culture, driving our diversity, equity and inclusion program to help us realize our goal of embedding these values even more deeply in our workplace, as well as ensure the execution of traditional human resources functions, such as oversight and implementation of benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a human resources plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative best practices and policies that will service the full range of our company HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.
- Effectively lead day-to-day HR operations with the highest levels of professionalism, integrity and compliance, demonstrating clear, direct, and timely communication in all HR matters.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate the people systems and processes for all Human Resource functions such as recruiting, payroll, and employee wellness programs.
- Work with leadership to develop an organizational structure that facilitates coordinated work across the company and enables increasing staff responsibility and autonomy.
- Forecast talent needs, attract and recruit diverse and highly qualified team members, aligned with our mission, values and equity commitments, and following current EEO/ADA hiring guidelines for both exempt & non-exempt positions.
- Develops and implements the systems and the training needed for regular and effective communication between managers and direct reports with a priority on ongoing investment in staff growth.
- Create and implement a philosophy of continuous feedback on performance focused on growth and development, not solely on annual evaluations. Provide employee relations counseling and assistance as well as establish a system and cadence for ongoing performance management, reviews, and growth coaching.
- Create clear and transparent position descriptions and compensation levels for all positions in the organization and transparent protocols for internal transitions and career pathways.
- Coordinate and interpret all company policies to assure consistent application and equitable employee relations.
- Oversee and implement benefits and risk management practices.
- Design and implement orientation and onboarding plans that equally emphasize the tactical essentials (GMP’s, safety, expectations, etc.) for each role while simultaneously welcoming new team members into our company culture.
- Identify legal requirements & government reporting regulations for all relevant statutes and prepare information requested or required for compliance. Coordinate and support audits/reviews by government agencies or other 3rd parties.
- Manage any worker’s compensation cases
- Oversee the Safety Team and development of safety systems and processes to ensure plant safety and that all reporting requirements are met
- Interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Lead a small but mighty team of HR professionals in driving company culture and supporting our diverse team.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources management experience in a manufacturing environment; food and beverage manufacturing preferred
- BS Degree in HR or related field
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local HR related laws and regulations and in the areas of recruitment, compensation, benefits, safety and employee relations.
- Certifications in HR (PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) preferred
- Established knowledge of ADA/ADAAA, FMLA and all relevant DOL employer requirements.
- Developed skills in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work w/ strong organizational and time management skills; strong project management experience
- Some Union experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to lead collaboratively and across many functions/departments
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences across the organization.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- Drive initiatives with limited resources and roll-up your sleeves attitude to achieve desired results.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented; high emotional intelligence
- Passionate about the mission of the company, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goals.