Sr. zOS Systems Programmer (5 years of MF Systems Programming, exp. with zOS 2.2+, IBM VTS & DASD, IBM EKMF) (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. zOS Systems Programmer (5 years of MF Systems Programming, exp. with zOS 2.2+, IBM VTS & DASD, IBM EKMF) (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. zOS Systems Engineer (10+ years of exp., High speed Transaction Processing experience on Mainframe) (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Under minimal supervision, participates in the installation and support of zOS based systems and tools. Participates in all phases of the systems/infrastructure lifecycle and solid understanding of enterprise level environments in a Payments/Banking type domain/industry.
This team is taking on a strategic project which will build and deploy a next gen card transaction processing platform to facilitate traffic between our strategic partners and non-strategic partners as applicable. The goal is to leverage a blend of legacy technologies (such as DB2, zOS/Unix) and new technologies (such as Java, Node.js, App Dynamix) to ensure best of class products and services in both distributed and mainframe environments.
This project will leverage multiple cross-functional teams to deliver this new platform, and is comprised of many of our Dev Ops workgroups from Dev, QA, Release, PMO, Operations/Support, Hosting Operations, in addition to key corporate partners that facilitate hosting.
- Minimum of 5yrs of experience as a Mainframe Systems Programmer
- Experience in installation, maintenance and rollout of IBM Mainframe ZOS
- Experience with configuration of IBM VTS and DASD systems
- Experience with IBM EKMF/TKE/ICSF
- Experience with Mainframe failover for Disaster Recovery - GDPS/XRC/PPRC
- Experience in installation of Mainframe 3rd Party software
- Experience with ZOSMF
- Experience with Policy Agent
- Experience with Z15 Mainframe hardware
- Experience with Parallel Sysplex/Sysplex Distributor/Shared file systems
- Experience with ZOS Catalog management
- SMP/E processing/CBPDOs and ServerPacs
- Experience with Netview/System Automation
- Experience with IBM Omegamon
- Experience with ADFz
- Performs full installation and maintenance of ZOS 2.3 or higher
- Supports 3rd Party Software products including installation and maintenance
- Maintains IBM EKMF/TKE
- Assists with configuration of IBM Mainframe Storage systems
- Reviews issue logs to determine root cause for problem determination
- Maintains in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Helps with Disaster Recovery exercises
- Performs troubleshooting and problem analysis
- Supports application development and other teams