Litigation Paralegal - WP
- Job Title
- Litigation Paralegal - WP
- Job ID
- White Plains, NY 10601
- Other Location
A coveted White Plains Liability Litigation Law Firm seeks an exceptional Jr-level litigation paralegal that can step into a caseload and start billing hours on week two 😊
Primary Job Duties
- Ideal candidate must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works closely with clients, attorneys, insurance adjusters, medical providers
- Preparing pleadings, motions, discovery demands and responses
- Preparing Medical Summaries and Deposition Digests
- Arranging IMEs, Retaining Expert Witnesses
- Organization of case files; gathering, organizing and analyzing data
- Cite checking of briefs and legal memoranda; researching statutes, regulations and case law
- Preparing attorneys for trial/mediation. Trial assist is a plus.
- Prepare court filings; and e-filing
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 - 3 years' litigation experience, preferably in insurance defense, Labor Law, personal injury defense.
- Must be able to handle paralegal, secretarial, and light office management in our small office environment.
- Candidates must be able to handle drafting discovery, assisting with motion preparation and serving documents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Outlook as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with the programs PcLaw and/or Aderant Total Office (Client Profiles) is a plus
This paralegal position pays a competitive wage, depending on experience. A robust benefits package which includes 3 medical plans, dental, vision, FSA plans, an HSA account, a 401(k) plan with a 4% firm match, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, parental leave, paid time off (PTO), and an EAP. If this sounds like what you've been looking for, apply now!
This law firm provides exceptional legal service to clients while enjoying a culture that is flexible, open, and entrepreneurial--yet truly embraces professionalism AND family values. This results in more work-life balance for all staff.