Software Engineer (Java)
- Job Title
- Software Engineer (Java)
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Other Location
Title: Software Engineer (Java)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Software Engineer will join an agile development team responsible for our web applications, special projects and/or supporting tools. The Software Engineer should be passionate about code quality and software excellence, with extensive development experience. Collaborating closely with other engineers, architects, and team members is a must.
- Build user interface and server-side components using approved frameworks producing quality code.
- Participate in design and code reviews suggesting improvements and troubleshooting.
- Work with other team members at the architecture, design, and code levels to ensure standards-based, high performance systems.
- Actively participate at internal community of practice events to help with continuous learning
- Perform all work in accordance with company’s quality programs, standards, and procedures.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of popular software development processes, i.e., agile, scrum, feature driven development.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving application defects within a mature production system.
- Working knowledge in distributed systems, service-oriented architecture, micro service frameworks and relational databases preferably with exposure to stored procedures.
- Test driven development.
- Experience with Java Platform (SE & EE), testing frameworks like Selenium or Cucumber, XML, Restful APIs, client-side scripting, ORM frameworks and MVC frameworks.
- Past work with Java messaging is a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, think critically and problem solve, learn new technologies and adapt to change.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout organization.
Other Essential Requirements
- 5 years’ experience as software engineer with a strong development background.
- College degree in Computer Science, certification or experience.