Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Job Title
- Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC 29150
- Other Location
Set up, adjust, and maintain assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality on this equipment. Monitor all systems during plant operations. Analyze and correct technical and mechanical problems and repair and overhaul equipment and controls. Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment. Assist in the installation on new packaging lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Area of responsibility is plant-wide
- Assist other maintenance personnel with repairs, projects, and work orders whenever necessary.
- Provide maintenance support for the production department
- To ensure manufacturing equipment is operating efficiently to ensure maximum production capability. Provide
- Perform packaging line changeovers
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and work order, rebuilds, and related repairs on manufacturing equipment and other equipment in the facility
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on manufacturing equipment and other equipment in the facility.
- Troubleshoot all manufacturing equipment related issues
- Assist in the installation and startup of new machinery and new equipment
- Substitutes for others area mechanics vacations absences, etc.
- Maintain a daily record of time and parts involved with assignments
- Must work with others, (mechanics, electricians and production workers), to help resolve issues in a timely manner Maintain a daily record of time and parts involved with assignments.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with projects and work orders whenever necessary
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Install special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Other duties as assigned