Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills
and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, Texas, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council (GSSJC) is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. GSSJC has more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.2 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
GSSJC is seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your fullest potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
As we continue to guide our members to serve their community with a strong sense of leadership and dedication, we are seeking the following position in Houston to assist in achieving our mission:
Manager, Hispanic Community Engagement
As a community centric leader, you will engage and cultivate community support for all pathways to achieve strategic goals and objectives within identified Hispanic communities. The ability to analyze market data, make sales calls, recruit girl and adults into the program and support cross-functional strategic goals is essential for success. We will rely on your strong interpersonal skills, flexible scheduling and reliable transportation to help effectively perform the following:
- Analyze market data on demographics, membership trends, and other available information to implement a comprehensive strategy to develop, recruit and engage new community partners, volunteers and girls in assigned geographies.
- Achieve community engagement and development goals in identified Hispanic communities throughout the council in order to recruit girl and adult members as well cultivate support for Girl Scouting to achieve the Council’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as the specific cross-functional goals for assigned communities and regions.
- Provide input to membership and retention goals in assigned areas in conjunction with Emerging Markets Director, Community Engagement Director and Mission Delivery Team Senior Managers.
- Support volunteers in planning and implementing recruitment and community development strategies to achieve membership goals.
- Assist in the development of strategies and provide leadership, direction and support to special assignments in order to reach Council goals and objectives. Perform all duties and requirements for the success of the assigned project.
- Mentor Spanish-language dependent and bilingual volunteers and parents through the on boarding process. Assist volunteers and families in using the Council’s online volunteer support systems such as online registration, Resources site, and product sales systems.
- Lead community engagement and development including networking, advisory boards, partnership agreements, facilities utilization, school districts, faith based institutions, leveraging national partnerships, etc. related to Hispanic communities throughout the council.
- Develop and execute a written community engagement and recruitment plan to achieve membership goals.
- Oversee Spanish-language delivery of recruitment opportunities including local sign-up events, school nights, and community booths and fairs.
- Support volunteer delivery of the Girl Scout Quest Program in sites as directed. Oversee and deliver Girl Scout program to girls at community sites across all 26 counties. Create and maintain a database for GSQ member tracking, retention and training.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Council resources and technologies.
- Support Spanish-dependent customers using the Spanish language hotline as needed.
- Support Hispanic communities and special assignment teams by ensuring high quality marketing and communication of activities and programs through Council resources such as the Golden Link, CIN, e-biz, newsletters, resources site, etc. and external community resources as appropriate.
- Research, study, and become knowledgeable about external community needs and aspirations.
These motivated team players will possess the following experience, abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word), SharePoint, Personify, team/knowledge sharing tools, etc.
- Strong marketing skills and speaking skills.
- Ability to develop community partnerships and engage girls and adults in Girl Scouts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to make cold calls.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSJC offers:
- Competitive salary.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
- Car and cell phone allowance.
GSSJC works to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. GSSJC strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.