The job you're applying for is no longer available; please search our other great opportunities by clicking 'ALL JOBS' above!
- Job Title
- Membership Specialist
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77098-4508
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, TX, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We have more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
As we continue to guide our members to serve their community with a strong sense of leadership and dedication, we are seeking the following position to help achieve our mission:
Summary: Responsible for responding to requests for membership information and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
Oral Communication — Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Fluent in English and Spanish - read, speak, and write
- Exceed customer expectations in providing customer service by responding to incoming calls, emails and in-person requests for membership information and support.
- Manage customer traffic flow, discovering why each came in and providing a friendly, professional, and informed response.
- Process customer requests and resolves customer problems within the framework of policies and procedures established by the Council.
- Provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Provide customer service for volunteers or parents who need additional support when ordering membership.
- Responds to inquiries for membership registration information.
- On a rotational basis and during peak periods, provide direct customer service support through phone, email and in-person customer service.
- Supports periodic reconciliation of financial transactions. Maintains appropriate accounting and business protocols for money handling and collection of sensitive customer information.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of registrar and volunteer management processes to provide backup and peak season support as assigned.
- Assist with processing all data managed by the department, proofreading, sorting, separating forms and reconciling issues related to membership accounts.
- Reviews and audits information and resolves errors to ensure integrity and accuracy of data.
- May train other data entry employees.
- Provide after-hours support as scheduled for help desk and customer service requests.
- May assist in distributing reports.
- Sorts and files paperwork and performs related computer database tasks.
- Perform related responsibilities as required.
- Responsible for meeting daily data entry goals.
Organizational Support — Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Planning & Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Team Work — Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Use of Technology — Demonstrates required skills. Adapts to new technologies. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity. Keeps technical skills up to date.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
Pluralism Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. Each individual involved must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls