Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, TX, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council, a United Way agency is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We have more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Bilingual Community Engagement Manager - Alief, Houston
Summary: The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for engaging and cultivating community support for all pathways to achieve strategic goals and objectives. This position requires the ability to analyze market data, make sales calls, recruit girl and adults into the program and support cross-functional strategic goals. This position requires ability to communicate in Spanish or Vietnamese, strong interpersonal skills, flexible scheduling and reliable transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Analyze market data on demographics, membership trends, and other available information to implement a comprehensive strategy to develop, recruit and engage new community partners, volunteers and girls in assigned geographies.
- Responsible for achieving community engagement and development goals in assigned geographic areas in order to recruit girl and adult members as well cultivate support for Girl Scouting to achieve the Council's strategic goals and objectives, as well as the specific cross-functional goals for assigned communities and regions.
- Provide input to membership and retention goals in assigned areas in conjunction with Senior Director, Director and Mission Delivery Team Senior Managers.
- Support Community, Region and Council advisory teams.
- Support volunteers in planning and implementing recruitment and community development strategies.
- Support the cross-functional goals of the assigned mission delivery team.
- Assist in the development of strategies and provide leadership, direction and support to special assignments in order to reach Council goals and objectives. Perform all duties and requirements for the success of the assigned project.
- Maintain Council relationships with United Ways as assigned.
- Responsible for community engagement and development in assigned geographic areas including networking, advisory boards, partnership agreements, facilities utilization, school districts, faith based institutions, leveraging national partnerships, etc.
- Develop and execute a written community engagement and recruitment plan.
- Identify and support volunteers who recruit specific target audiences to meet membership objectives.
- Study and become proficient in girl and adult related trends, multi-cultural data and demographics, marketing and sales techniques, effective communication and knowledge of communities and organizations in order to effectively implement a strategic membership recruitment plan.
- Assist with the development of budgets and monitoring of cost centers as needed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Council resources and technologies.
- Support assigned geographic areas and special assignment teams by ensuring high quality marketing and communication of activities and programs through Council resources such as the Golden Link, CIN, e-biz, newsletters, resources site, etc. and external community resources as appropriate.
- Research, study, and become knowledgeable about external community needs and aspirations.
- Embrace and promote pluralism, as an integral part of every activity and plan of Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council.
- Maintain Girl Scout uniform and GSUSA membership.
- Work collaboratively on council initiatives.
- Support a culture of philanthropy and consider a personal gift to GSSJC and United Way.
- Participate in conferences and staff meetings.
Pluralism Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. Each individual involved must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls.