- Job Title
- Web Designer
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60603
- Other Location
Capsim Management Simulations Inc. designs, builds, and delivers the renowned Capstone Business Simulation and a suite of related business simulations to university students and corporate executives worldwide. Our clients include undergraduate and master programs at major universities and the training & development departments of Fortune 1000 corporations. Based in Chicago, Capsim has been a prime mover in taking business education from case studies to simulation-based pedagogy over the past 25 years.
We pride ourselves on the talented individuals who have built our successful team. It is because of this great team that we are experiencing growth and continue to seek exceptional talent. We value and reward ambition, resourcefulness and innovation.
Are you passionate about creating great websites? Do you have a solid design sense and can translate your vision into easy to navigate web interfaces? If you are seeking a phenomenal opportunity to contribute and hone your primary skill set, and be challenged to grow as a professional by applying your innovative thinking and approach, then this is your chance to join our team.
As our Web Designer, you must have strong design, UX and web layout skills, and can demonstrate a collaborative, team-focused approach in a fast paced environment.
- Design concept page layouts including text, colors, features and interactive elements
- Create wireframes, rapid prototypes and user interfaces
- Design user-centered layouts and templates with a Universal Design focus
- Move seamlessly between programming, marketing and product development teams
- Work within an iterative, Agile SDLC environment
- Perform usability tests on interface design to insure cross-browser and cross platform compatibility
- Offer professional guidance, advice and feedback on projects and proposals
- Closely follow trends and developments in technology and integrate them into our environment and practices
- Create detailed website specifications
- Design while following brand standards across multiple products
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience in software development, graphic or web/software design
- Expert experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of prior hands-on experience with a wide array of design and technical skills in graphic and Web design, development and programming
- Expert knowledge with core graphic design principles (type, color, layout, composition, motion graphics)
- Experience applying UX principles
- Experience working within an education software environment
- General understanding of A/B and multivariate testing methods to check for user acceptance
- Experience with Bootstrap and responsive design
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.