Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, TX, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We have more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
As we continue to guide our members to serve their community with a strong sense of leadership and dedication, we are seeking the following position to help achieve our mission:
Outreach Associate-East Houston/Baytown
Part time positions available September through May- facilitating Girl Scouts’ Outreach programs with middle and high school girls -in schools- positions available East Houston, Galena Park, Channelview, and Baytown.The Community Outreach Department of the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is looking for part-time Community Outreach Associates from September through May to conduct interactive programs with middle and high school aged girls in schools. The program serves primarily Galena Park, Channelview, and Baytown school districts (after school program with younger girls in Baytown). The six week series addresses a variety of contemporary issues facing teen and pre-teen girls such as peer pressure, self esteem, health and fitness, sexual harassment, dating violence, conflict resolution, bullying, diversity, healthy relationships, financial literacy, etc.
Dependable, enthusiastic, organized, and energetic Comfortable and capable giving presentations to large groups of middle school and high school girls (50 to 100 plus girls) in schools. Able to engage and relate to girls of various ethnicities and demographics ranging from 11-18 yr.
- Must have reliable transportation and willingness to travel throughout the Greater Houston area
- Weekly pick up and transport of program supplies to and from the Girl Scout Center-central Houston as needed (some heavy lifting)
- Must be available to work minimum of 2 consecutive weekdays (up to four days possible)
- Must be available to work between the hours of 7am-5:00pm (actual hours will vary by school)
- Must be at least 21 years old with valid driver’s license
- Bilingual applicants preferred, but not required
- Prior experience working and/or volunteering with youth preferred
- All employees must become an official member of Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. (minimal annual membership fee required)
- Job specifics:
- Temporary Part-time position 2-4 days per week (September-May)
- Compensation starting at $9.25 hourly and compensation for travel time
- On the job training provided
- We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. Each individual involved must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls.