Option 1: Create a New Profile
Registrar Information Services Manager
- Job Title
- Registrar Information Services Manager
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77098-4508
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, TX, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We have more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
As we continue to guide our members to serve their community with a strong sense of leadership and dedication, we are seeking the following position to help achieve our mission:
Registrar Information Services Manager
Utilizing an arsenal of skills and talents, you will be responsible for managing and enhancing the registration process through the facilitation of timely and accurate information of meeting data into appropriate information systems. Additionally, you will manage the registration team to ensure overall coordination of the registration process including the delivery of data and materials for various registration processes.
- Train and supervise registrars, implementing performance factors, appraising results and providing ongoing guidance, in consultation with Customer Services Director.
- Manage and direct registrars, and/or other support staff to ensure overall coordination of the registration process.
- Oversees that meeting data is entered into Personify timely and accurately. Facilitates information services including confirmation of attendees, clearing the waitlist, checking on pro-forma orders (when short pay option is set to reject) and marking attendance.
- Establish a strong culture of exceeding customer expectations and ensuring customer satisfaction. Ensure staff has comprehensive understanding of the critical importance their role plays in providing all customers access to Girl Scout resources and offerings. Prepare staff for customer impacts related to changes to business processes and expected increased needs for service.
- Provide Mission Delivery staff with data and materials for the registration process.
- Work to improve customer service skills of direct reports by building skills, sharing best practices, and challenging them to be focused on how customers will be affected by change which may impact business processes.
- Solicit direct reports input and observations to provide consolidated recommendations for registration process improvements and customer service improvements as it relates to the registration process.
- Assist other departments within the council to prepare or distribute materials and/or provide resources for girl and adult recruitment.
- Provide after-hours support as scheduled for help desk and customer service requests.
- Review and analyze survey data to determine volunteer needs and ensure a “customer friendly” climate in all aspects of the registration process for girls and adults.
- Address complaints, inquiries and problems; resolve multifaceted practical problems as they arise, and provide timely feedback to staff, volunteers, and customers.
- Establish work procedures and processes that support the council and departmental standards, processes and strategic initiatives.
- Process credits, transfers and refunds.
- Maintain reconciliation of meetings module related accounts.
- Ensure timely registration processing to support all members. Provide customer service with respect to facilities and program or training opportunities. Provide rosters to volunteers and staff leading programs and trainings as requested.
- Oversee that camp and facilities reservation data is entered into the site management system timely and accurately. Facilitate information services including confirmation of participants, collection of payment, management of open reservations, sharing of camp rosters and other activities to support camp and facility utilization.
- Establish and maintain processes to execute camp priorities and reservations. Support process improvements related to site management technology and business processes.
- Oversee periodic reconciliation of financial transactions. Enforce appropriate accounting and business protocols for money handling and collection of sensitive customer information.
- Collaborate with Outdoor Experience department, functional mission delivery staff and Mission Delivery Teams to support registration processes for offerings throughout the Council.
- Bachelor's degree or 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Word and SharePoint.
- Bilingual Spanish/English fluency preferred.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSJC offers:
- Competitive salary.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
GSSJC works to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. GSSJC strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to the opportunity, please go to: