Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills
and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, Texas, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council (GSSJC) is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. GSSJC has more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.2 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
GSSJC is seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your fullest potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
As we continue to guide our members to serve their community with a strong sense of leadership and dedication, we are seeking the following positions in Kingwood, Klein, Conroe, Katy, Spring Branch, Humble/Aldine and the Woodlands/Willis to assist in achieving our mission:
Community Engagement Manager (Various Houston area locations)
Summary: The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for engaging and cultivating community support for all pathways to achieve strategic goals and objectives. This position requires the ability to analyze market data, make sales calls, recruit girl and adults into the program and support cross-functional strategic goals. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, flexible scheduling and reliable transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Analyze market data on demographics, membership trends, and other available information to implement a comprehensive strategy to develop, recruit and engage new community partners, volunteers and girls in assigned geographies.
- Responsible for achieving community engagement and development goals in assigned geographic areas in order to recruit girl and adult members as well cultivate support for Girl Scouting to achieve the Council's strategic goals and objectives, as well as the specific cross-functional goals for assigned communities and regions.
- Provide input to membership and retention goals in assigned areas in conjunction with Senior Director, Director and Mission Delivery Team Senior Managers.
- Support Community, Region and Council advisory teams.
- Support volunteers in planning and implementing recruitment and community development strategies.
- Support the cross-functional goals of the assigned mission delivery team.
- Assist in the development of strategies and provide leadership, direction and support to special assignments in order to reach Council goals and objectives. Perform all duties and requirements for the success of the assigned project.
- Maintain Council relationships with United Ways as assigned.
- Responsible for community engagement and development in assigned geographic areas including networking, advisory boards, partnership agreements, facilities utilization, school districts, faith based institutions, leveraging national partnerships, etc.
- Develop and execute a written community engagement and recruitment plan.
- Identify and support volunteers who recruit specific target audiences to meet membership objectives.
- Study and become proficient in girl and adult related trends, multi-cultural data and demographics, marketing and sales techniques, effective communication and knowledge of communities and organizations in order to effectively implement a strategic membership recruitment plan.
- Assist with the development of budgets and monitoring of cost centers as needed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Council resources and technologies.
- Support assigned geographic areas and special assignment teams by ensuring high quality marketing and communication of activities and programs through Council resources such as the Golden Link, CIN, e-biz, newsletters, resources site, etc. and external community resources as appropriate.
- Research, study, and become knowledgeable about external community needs and aspirations.
- Bachelor's Degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong marketing skills and speaking skills.
- Must be able to develop community partnerships and engage girls and adults in Girl Scouts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to make cold calls.
- Valid Texas Driver's license and Proof of Insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
- Current locations include Beaumont, Baytown, Katy, Spring Branch, Humble/Aldine and the Woodlands/Willis.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSJC offers:
GSSJC works to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. GSSJC strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
- Competitive salary
- Continuous training
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- High energy, professional work environment
- Car and cell phone allowance